LaunchIt is your hub for searching and organizing content on your Android phone. Think of LaunchIt as your universal search beast: find favorite bookmarks, locate apps in the android market, access phone settings, SMS and so on. It’s almost like a type of Quicksilver (or Launchy on PC) for your Android.
- Send Tweets within app
- Keeps track of things you launch
- Remembers your most common actions: favorites
- Keep shortcut in Notification bar
- Search filters
- Build in skins; more coming
- Voice commands: open programs
- Updates data atomically
- Index: Contacts, SMS, Calendar, Browser, Apps, Music, Gmail
- Voice search
- Create Live Folder: able to group any kind of content together in a folder
- Change commands
- Reorder Lists
- Search Amazon, Wikipedia, Google and Android Market
Another notable feature isn’t the app but its developer. App development is ongoing and Tim Hoeck doesn’t seem to be slowing down. The app’s speed could be better, but that is also being improved. The app isn’t flawless but is heading in that direction. With many of its options and features bundled together it saves time because of less jumping around.
LaunchIt may be a winner for productivity buffs out there. Users will appreciate the countless options and features the app offers. The developer gives users quite a bit of control which may speedup or slowdown operations/commands, including overall performance. Compared to other search apps available, LaunchIt stands head and shoulders above the rest.
Check out the following video walk through from the developer.
Developed By: Tim Hoeck
[Review submitted by Miguel Wickert]