Sep 17 AT 4:15 PM Taylor Wimberly 12 Comments

Motorola goes Android crazy

A new report from Global Equities Research is claiming Motorola will release up to 10 Android phones in the next six to 10 months. I found it interesting that the report claims these phones will be sold to the end user for $39 to $399. The low end pricing leads me to believe we were right about Motorola making Android phones for Boost Mobile. At the other end of the spectrum is $399 which be some of the most expensive smartphones on the market(more than iPhone 3G S). I’m actually pleased with this information that Motorola will be targeting the ultra high-end. Snapdragon in 2010 anyone?

[via BusinessWeek]

• SliestDragon

No, seriously. I’m not paying 400 bucks for a phone.

• http://androidandme.com Taylor Wimberly

• jasonlee

I’m worried that the sholes, or whatever name it will be released under, will be delayed to 2010 because of eclair. What are your thoughts Taylor?

• http://androidandme.com Taylor Wimberly

• valdier

Isn’t the Sony Ericson Rachael supposed to be a 1ghz snap dragon?

• Dan

MotoDev Summit promotion page says you get to see a ‘Sneak Peek’ of new phone(s)

Sounds like ‘Sneak Peek’ of Scholes at MotoDev and the actual release in December

• Christopher Silva

The Sony phone is called Xperia X3 here in Germany and, yes, it does have the 1Ghz chip and 8 mp camera and 4 inch screen.

• Pingback: Android and Me()

• Pingback: Game scope()

• green

I need this game to download my gt s5570

• green

I need this game to download my gt s5570

game is a fine thing for

Ooo

• green

I need this game to download my gt s5570

game is a fine thing for children

Ooo

1. I wonder where the sholes fits into this. I know it doesn’t have a snapdragon or tegra processor, but it still seems like it will be the best android phone at the time of it’s release. I’m hoping the sholes ends up being 1 of there mid range phones if you catch my drift. ;)

No, seriously. I’m not paying 400 bucks for a phone.

• I think if VZW wants to be competitive, they should offer the Sholes at an aggressive $199 price. Hopefully, we should find out in the next couple of weeks.

2. jasonleeGuest 6 years ago

• Sholes is definitely tied to Android 2.0. Initial reports placed the launch at late October, but the latest info I have is listing the first week of December. We should hopefully know more in a few weeks when we attend the Motodev Summit on October 6, 2009.

3. valdierGuest 6 years ago

Isn’t the Sony Ericson Rachael supposed to be a 1ghz snap dragon?

4. DanGuest 6 years ago

5. Christopher SilvaGuest 6 years ago

6. Android and MeGuest 6 years ago

[...] Comment: This is in line with what I have been hearing. The “Sholes” hardware is practically finished and Motorola and Google are working to finish off Android 2.0. This batch of new units could offer a slight hardware refresh. We first reported the “Sholes” would feature 512 MB of internal storage, but later speculated it could be as high as 16 GB. I have no idea what the new hardware is, but we did report that Motorola is working on 10 Android phones. [...]

7. Game scopeGuest 5 years ago