Oct 25 AT 1:45 PM Taylor Wimberly 6 Comments

Motorola publishes Droid specs and release date

An eager employee accidentally published the Droid (Sholes) information page over at Motorola’s site. The page has already been taken down, but not before someone was able to capture it on video. The specs are almost identical to those we posted back in August, so there were not many surprises.

Motorola has also started running newspaper ads which confirm the street date of November 6, 2009. Pricing information is still unavailable.

The wait is almost over.

The wait is almost over.

I had been thinking about switching to Verizon to get the Droid, but I’m sticking with T-Mobile and waiting for a 1 GHz Snapdragon phone. Verizon has some of the most expensive calling/data plans and I’m actually really pleased with the new T-Mobile rate plans.

1. Jeremiah HoyetGuest 6 years ago

I completely agree with your last statement. I was banging my head against the wall thinking I should have stuck with Verizon and waited for the Droid, but now that T-mobile has these new rate plans I can wait it out for a Snapdragon phone (Acer Liquid, please?).

2. JeffGuest 6 years ago

Good read about Snapdragon and OMAP Cortex, I’ll probably go with the droid but will month to make sure no other phones come out…

3. HenningGuest 6 years ago

Any word on a date for the GSM version yet?

4. motorola androidGuest 6 years ago

We can’t wait for the Verizon Droid to come out

5. zhectGuest 6 years ago

So once this is released does it mean cyanogen can start making the new mod based on eclair?

6. p dot tGuest 5 years ago

Some people still don’t get it, its not about which phone reigns supreme, but on how a gadget can help an individual on his/her daily lifestyle.

Judgment day 11/06/09: http://pinoytutorial.com/techtorial/motorola-droid-official-release-on-november-6-for-199-with-contract/