Oct 26 AT 6:16 PM Taylor Wimberly 25 Comments

Sony Ericsson to unveil Android phone next week

The wait for the Sony Ericsson Android phone may finally be over. A tweet from their South African account tipped everyone to a teaser announcement on the official Sony Ericsson site.

Project Rachael is coming...

Project Rachael is coming...

Mark your calendars for November 3 if you have been waiting on the Xperia Android phone. Project Rachael is the name given to Sony Ericsson’s custom UI for Android. We first saw Rachael back in July, but few details have leaked since then.

The Sony Ericsson phone has been called the Xperia X3/X10 and is rumored to be an absolute beast.

Highlights of the device include:

• Android 2.0 with custom Rachael UI
  • 1 GHz Snapdragon platform
  • 8.1 megapixel camera w/ touch focus, smile shutter, face detection, ISO settings
  • 4.1 inch OLED capacitive display
  • 32 GB internal storage

The device has been captured by the BlurryCam over at MobileCrunch or you can see some slick device renders below.

This phone is hot.

This phone is hot.

If you are curious which United States carrier might launch this phone in 2010, here is a hint.

Update (10/26): AndroidGuys posted a blurry video which reveals a sales brochure for the new device.

• http://myspace.com/lolbreebreebree Joseph

Sold. tmobile better be all over this.

• http://www.twitter.com/DrJeckyl Dr.Jeckyl

From the hint link Taylor posted:

words words words…Now Available at T-Mobile USA,… words words words

;)

• http://www.twitter.com/DrJeckyl Dr.Jeckyl

Err… that link wasn’t about the x3/x10 though…. foot + mouth

• Tim

not too impressed with the color scheme of the UI, but otherwise it looks pretty awesome

• Freddy

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Finally T-Mobile makes a smart decision going with this phone :)
    wouldnt mind paying $500 for the phone :)
    amazing features…..my jaw is still on the floor about the 8.1 mgpixl w/face detection!

• http://www.nexsoftware.net nEx.Software

I am sure Taylor was well aware if what that linked article was about and decided to link anyway. That’s why it’s a hint and not a part of the story itself. ;)

• b

WHERE IS THE FREAKING KEYBOARD

• Milind

Exactly!

• http://danglinginvective.blogspot.com Mark

This MIGHT brighten my disappointment over Project Dark…

And I actually TALKED with a Verizon salesman today.

• davis

Id pay close to a grand for that, and considering the mytouch retails for $500 on the tmobile site, i couldnt imagine this sony being less than $750. Especially since it makes the mytouch’s hardware look like that of an atari. The design is a little boring but i would pick it up in a heartbeat

• Dan

OMG I’m so getting this, I was originally wanted to get the Droid.

• http://yellowrex.com William Furr

Wow, that is a hell of a phone.

• carig

well there you go t-mobile customers complaining about verizon getting all the good android phones, i bet you feel dumb if this does come out on t-mobile

i, meanwhile, will feel jealous

it’s gotta cost an arm and a leg though, with those specs and considering the first xperia was $800 (off-contract)

• andrew

I MUST HAVE THIS! FINALLY A SERIOUSLY GOOD RUNNER UP FOR MY SECOND ANDROID DEVICE.

The 1GHz Snappydragon processor is what i must have right now. Please t-mobile, do not let me down or else I will cuss!

• David

Not to look a gift ‘droid in the mouth, but really? An 8+ megapixel camera without a flash? Seems like a bit of a waste.

• Chris

The blurry video is a fake, the Xperia infinity won’t have 32GB internal memory…. (the video has been posted by a kid).
    Xell over ESATO forum has made a brilliant demonstration ==> http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=177537&start=6615

• 513

Isn’t the little dot under the camera a LED flash ?

• Tomas Herman

specs looks awesome…finally android with decent internal memory…but i really hope they tweaked ui since they posted the vid…i mean its a good start, those ‘stacks’ look neat but the keyboard is very unimpressive..i would love htc keyboard if they didnt bother with hardware one ;]

• Pingback: Android and Me()

• http://organizedfellow.com OrganizedFellow

Masterbating while I shout the name – RRRACHAELLL!!!

My beloved G1 is getting a big sister. FINALLY, my wife can have an Android device of her own – my old G1 :)

• Pingback: Android and Me()

• Damian

THE PHONE OF THE YEAR! Waiting for the officials… to masturbate hahaha. getting ready, where can I get it, where can I get help & addtl info for it. any apps to come with it?

• Okkar

A preview of Xperia X10 is available at Singapore Hardwarezone website.

• Pingback: 音速工作室Android开发中心 » Blog Archive » 索爱将于 11 月 3 日发布他们的首款 Android 手机()

• Pingback: Sony Ericsson to unveil Android phone next week | Android and Me | SA SALE()

1. JosephGuest 6 years ago

Sold. tmobile better be all over this.

• Dr.JeckylGuest 6 years ago

From the hint link Taylor posted:

words words words…Now Available at T-Mobile USA,… words words words

;)

• Dr.JeckylGuest 6 years ago

Err… that link wasn’t about the x3/x10 though…. foot + mouth

2. TimGuest 6 years ago

3. FreddyGuest 6 years ago

wouldnt mind paying $500 for the phone :)

4. nEx.SoftwareGuest 6 years ago

5. bGuest 6 years ago

WHERE IS THE FREAKING KEYBOARD

6. MarkGuest 6 years ago

This MIGHT brighten my disappointment over Project Dark…

And I actually TALKED with a Verizon salesman today.

7. davisGuest 6 years ago

8. DanGuest 6 years ago

OMG I’m so getting this, I was originally wanted to get the Droid.

9. William FurrGuest 6 years ago

Wow, that is a hell of a phone.

10. carigGuest 6 years ago

i, meanwhile, will feel jealous

11. andrewGuest 6 years ago

12. DavidGuest 6 years ago

13. ChrisGuest 6 years ago

14. 513Guest 6 years ago

Isn’t the little dot under the camera a LED flash ?

15. Tomas HermanGuest 6 years ago

16. Android and MeGuest 6 years ago

[...] we learned that Sony Ericsson will make a special Android announcement next week and today we have spotted their Android SDK. I wish I could download [...]

17. OrganizedFellowGuest 6 years ago

Masterbating while I shout the name – RRRACHAELLL!!!

18. Android and MeGuest 6 years ago

[...] for the first Sony Ericsson Android phone? We are expecting to get the first official details next week. Sony Ericsson went ahead and uploaded a 20 second teaser video to their YouTube page in order to [...]

19. DamianGuest 6 years ago

20. OkkarGuest 6 years ago

A preview of Xperia X10 is available at Singapore Hardwarezone website.

21. 音速工作室Android开发中心 » Blog Archive » 索爱将于 11 月 3 日发布他们的首款 Android 手机Guest 5 years ago

[...] Android and Me Related Posts:索爱 Xperia X10 主界面、widgets、Timescape 和 [...]

22. Sony Ericsson to unveil Android phone next week | Android and Me | SA SALEGuest 2 years ago

[…] Excerpt from: Sony Ericsson to unveil Android phone next week | Android and Me […]