Looking for a new smartphone this holiday season? Best Buy will be offering five Android phones for $99 each with a new 2 year activation.
- Sprint HTC Hero (Android 1.5)
- Sprint Samsung Moment (Android 1.5)
- T-Mobile HTC myTouch 3G (Android 1.6)
- T-Mobile Motorola Cliq (Android 1.5)
- Verizon HTC Droid Eris (Android 1.5)
I got to say this is a great price since there are no mail-in rebates. However, I will give my readers the same advice I have been sharing with my personal friends. If you are considering purchasing an Android phone, be aware that most carriers will have second generation (Android 2.0) phones in early 2010. It is always the case that newer and faster technology is around the corner, but keep in mind you are stuck with a 2 year contract and it is uncertain at this point if these phones will receive Android 2.0.
Why should you purchase your next smartphone at Best Buy instead of a carrier store?
- A better choice of mobile devices and networks: Best Buy Mobile offers an unmatched assortment of phones, networks and all of the supporting products and services necessary for customers to truly enhance their mobiles lives.
- Impartial, informed advice: With a highly-trained, non-commissioned staff and new Web site (www.BestBuyMobile.com), Best Buy Mobile is committed to helping customers research and purchase the right mobile technology for their needs. Best Buy Mobile also offers Upgrade Checker, an in-store and online, that gives customers the ability to see when they are eligible for their next phone upgrade and register for a complimentary reminder call or email.
- Straightforward pricing: Best Buy Mobile offers only instant rebates on products. Customers pay what they see on the tag.
- Someone to be there for the life of your phone: Best Buy Mobile offers Walk Out Working, which is a free in-store smartphone setup by a Best Buy Mobile specialist who will sync personal email accounts, set up Bluetooth® headsets, transfer contacts and activate other services to allow the customer to leave the store with a fully functional new smartphone. And with Geek Squad Black Tie Protection, customers have a safety net should anything happen to their device.