Many in the United States have had a Red Bull energy drink but did you know they have their own mobile division too? Red Bull Mobile is available in Germany Austria and they are currently selling a Huawei phone that is Android-powered. The Huawei RBM2 (aka Der Allrounder) is exclusively produced for Red Bull and looks like one slick device. German site Pocket.at got their hands on a demo unit and has posted their impressions.
Specs of the RBM2 include:
- Android ‘Cupcake’ 1.5 operating system
- 3.5 “touchscreen with a resolution of 320 × 480 resolution
- Qualcomm MSM7200A processor with a clock frequency of 528 MHz
- 256 MB EEPROM / 128 MB SDRAM
- 1,500 mAh removable battery
- microSD slot (for memory cards up to 32GB of capacity)
- Quad band, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA
- Bluetooth 2.0
- WLAN 802.11 b/g
- Micro USB 2.0
- 2.5mm audio jack (with 3.5mm adapter cable)
- 3.2-megapixel autofocus camera + VGA cam on the front for video conferencing
- Integrated GPS receiver (A-GPS)
- Dimensions 116 × 62.5 × 13.3 mm
- Weighing approximately 135 grams
My German is a little rusty, but it appears the phone is free with a contract agreement. The device also ships with special Red Bull applications like an augmented reality browser that displays Red Bull events and photos. Unlike some other Android phones in foreign countries, this device ships with all the Google apps including the Android Market.
I know we have some German readers out there, so what is your impression of Red Bull Mobile?
Bonus: A random video from Red Bull’s site for those who enjoy watching others break bones.