Mobile social gaming technology provider, Scoreloop, explores a new avenue by allowing users to play other users across platforms. Their service allows a player on an Android device to challenge a player on an iPhone in an online battle (some demo games are available now with more on the way). Scoreloop has only been available for the iPhone but now can be integrated on Android, which includes the following features:
- Online High Scores
- Player Challenges — Players challenge friend or foe on social networks like Facebook, by email, or using Scoreloop’s auto matching system which pairs opponents with like skill
- Profiles — Track a buddy’s standing and brag about Challenge records
- Social Network Integration — Publish scores and achievements to a wall and invite friends to join in on the fun
- Cross Promotions — Discover what friends are playing by intelligent cross-promotions based on their gaming activities
- Virtual Currencies — Reward players with Coins for attaining achievements or completing Challenges and let them use these to unlock or extend game content
Scoreloop emphasizes that
With the Core Social white-label solution for both the Android and iPhone platforms, these features can be directly integrated into a game’s user interface. In contrast to other gaming platforms that push their own user interface and brand, Core Social allows developers and publishers to retain ownership of both their brand and user experience.
Integration services are available for free to developers and publishers. To find out more about how to get started, visit Scoreloop and take a look at their demo of the game Bug Landing.