If a client had asked my company, Digital Dandelion, to build a fully featured Android application in less than seven days a few weeks ago, I would have politely tried to find a way to tell them they were crazy, or at least say, “We’re booked right now.” We like challenges, but we’re a small company and we know our limits.
Sony Ericsson is a sponsor of the Mavericks Surf Competition, a world-renowned big-wave surf competition at Half Moon Bay, California. When “ideal conditions strike,” two dozen of the world’s elite big-wave surfers are summoned to appear on just 24 hours notice. Sony Ericsson asked us to build an app based on the Mavericks Surf Competition website.
PhoneGap and the Sony Ericsson WebSDK make it possible for web developers to maximize their access to the mobile market. Using familiar and accessible technologies, you can create a mobile application distributable in popular app distribution channels.
Be sure to check out the sample application we built. Make it even better and enter it into the Sony Ericsson Web App Challenge for a chance to win cash and other great prizes.
- Getting Started: http://digitaldandelion.net/blog/getting_started_with_phonegap/
- Mavericks App: http://bitbucket.org/digitaldandelion/mavericks/
- PhoneGap: http://phonegap.com/
- Sony Ericsson WebSDK: http://developer.sonyericsson.com/
- Introducing PhoneGap and the Sony Ericsson WebSDK: http://digitaldandelion.net/blog/introducing_phonegap_and_the_sony_ericsson_websdk/
- Sony Ericsson Web App Challenge http://developer.sonyericsson.com/site/global/newsandevents/latestnews/newsnov09/p_web_app_challenge.jsp