We reported last week that Best Buy was taking preorders for the new Motorola Devour, but we didn’t have a retail price at the time. It was later revealed that Verizon would offer the phone for $149 (with 2 year contract), but we now know Best Buy will sell the Devour for $99 (w/ 2yr contract).
Best Buy will also lower the price of the HTC Droid Eris to free (w/ contract) and the Motorola Droid will be sold for $99 (w/ contract).
So customers can now purchase the Devour and Droid for the same price on contract. Why anyone would choose the Devour over the Droid is besides me, but at least they have the choice.
The Droid offers the following advantages over the Devour:
- Android 2.x (vs Android 1.6)
- Stock Android (vs Motoblur)
- 3.7 inch display (vs 3.1 inch)
- Faster TI OMAP3430 processor (vs Qualcomm MSM7627)
- 5 megapixel camera (vs 3 MP)
- 16 GB microSD card (vs 8 GB)
The Devour really is a cool looking phone, but I can think of zero reasons to recommend it over the Droid.
Can anyone help me out?