Some G1 owners might have felt ignored by T-Mobile as they wait to hear the fate of a possible Android 2.1 update.
TmoNews is reporting that T-Mobile has just launched a new software trail program for G1 customers called “Voice Plus Beta”. T-Mobile chose G1 users to test the new service because they “tend to be at the forefront of new developments in technology and have been loyal T-Mobile customers with an affinity for testing new mobile products and applications.”
T-Mobile Voice Plus Beta offers the following features:
- Call Divert: Carve out a little peace and quiet by sending selected numbers straight to voicemail without ringing your phone.
- Call Defer: Let callers know you’re busy and schedule a convenient time for you to call them back. Send them a text message that acknowledges their call and that you will respond at a later time.
- Visual Voicemail: Easily manage your voicemail! View a list of who left a voicemail, with the time of the message and its length. Choose which to listen to now and which to review later.
- City ID: Get more information about the calls you receive. The city and state information of incoming calls is displayed.
Any G1 users can sign up to participate, but the beta program is based on a first come, first serve basis. Head over to the official T-Mobile forums for additional details.
Requirements to participate in the T-Mobile Voice Plus Beta:
The download will be made available to the select number of T-Mobile G1 customers who reply with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be among the first to respond to secure your chance to participate in this beta.
Your e-mail MUST include:
- Email subject line: Voice Plus Beta
- IMEI Number – Your IMEI can be found in your phone’s Status menu (Menu > Settings > About phone > Status), from the dialer: *#06#, or on the sticker under your battery.
- Your T-Mobile telephone number, with area code
I gave my G1 away which prevents me from signing up, so let me know how the service performs if you get accepted to test it out.