We previewed the Swype keyboard last year and now a public beta is available for a limited number of participants. Android users just need to visit the Swype Beta site and register to become a tester. An email will then be sent to the user that allows them to download the installer and begin using Swype.
I know this has been available on some phones like the new myTouch 3G with 3.5 mm headset jack, but this is the first time many users will get to experience this innovative input method.
If you check out the beta, please let us know what you think and what improvements Swype could make for Android.
Check out the video demo below and head over to Sywpe’s site for more tips and tricks.
Here are the details:
- Initially we will have a limited number of participants – we’ll expand it soon
- In English and Spanish – more languages to come
- Limited Features – some key features of Swype require OEM integration
- HVGA and WVGA Resolutions – don’t worry we’ll detect this automatically
- Limited End User Support – mostly via our forum
- If your phone came pre-installed with Swype DO NOT download this beta (it won’t work)