“The professional Twitter client” is now available on Android. HootSuite was just released to the Android Market in two versions – a full client for only $1.99 and a lite version for free. The full featured client has support for unlimited Twitter accounts plus on-board, click-through statistics tracking (using Ow.ly), while the free version is limited to three accounts.
HootSuite is currently only available for devices with Android 1.6 and above, but a version for Android 1.5 is being worked on.
Highlights of the HootSuite features include:
- Managing multiple identities and accounts
- Creating custom views for tags and searches
- Understanding reasons for trending topics
- Scheduling messages for the future
- Adding followers to lists and accounts
- Sharing photos and shortening URLs
- Plus HootSuite Android version includes a few new tricks including background notifications so messages keep on coming even when you’re browsing elsewhere.