Mar 24 AT 4:36 PM Taylor Wimberly 12 Comments

Native digg app for Android coming soon

Every time I open AppAware, I find myself discovering some new Android app I’ve never heard of. Recently I have noticed that someone was working on an official app for digg. The company already has a great mobile site, but this was the first I had heard of a native application. I searched the web and could find nothing about a beta app, so I asked our readers for help in the forums.

It took a couple days, but someone found exactly what we were looking for. Digg confirmed today that their Android app is already in testing and the launch is coming soon. This is not exactly shocking news since digg said they were working on an iPhone app over five months ago, but at least it is nice to know.

In the most recent version of diggnation, Kevin Rose gives a quick demo of the iPhone version (21:00 mark). It has the same look and feel as the mobile site, but with a ton of new features added in.

I still have not found out how to get in the beta, so someone let me know if they are taking signups. We would love to test the app out.

1. InquisitorGuest 5 years ago

I still have absolutely no idea what digg is and/or why it exists. Why is it popular?

2. MattDemersGuest 5 years ago

Maybe this’ll get me using Digg more. RSS-type browsing/newsfinding is one of the things I use my phone for most.

Still kind of pissed off about the Diggbar fiasco, though.

Props for big sites noticing Android! More native apps!

3. g1Guest 5 years ago

Try the app called diggdroid, although i definately prefer reddit over digg. the funny thing is with both of these sites, i dont know what i like more, the articles on them or the comments. lol

4. Tony BullardGuest 5 years ago

Hey Taylor, you can easily link to a specific time by adding “#t=21m1s to the end of the YouTube link (which would bring you to the 21 minute 1 second mark.)

(More bloggers should know this)

5. Digg Diggs Android! | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Hacks, Videos, Podcasts - Android PoliceGuest 5 years ago

[...] fact that Digg was working on an app wasn’t much of a secret, due in part to the fact that a few beta testers also installed AppAware, which reported users installing something called [...]

6. Android users to get their very own Digg app | GeekwordGuest 10 months ago