Mar 17 AT 1:46 PM Taylor Wimberly 13 Comments

WSJ stokes HTC Supersonic 4G rumors

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Sprint will unveil their first 4G handset next week at CTIA, the HTC Supersonic. Sprint previously said they would have a 4G handset available this summer so the chances are high we will see the Supersonic soon. The 4G handset is expected to be the focus of a presentation made by Sprint CEO Dan Hesse during the CTIA Wireless trade show Tuesday.

“It’s now or never. They won’t have an exclusive on the 4G marketing message indefinitely.”Avi GreengartAnalyst at Current Analysis

Sprint’s 4G is expected to cover 120 million people in 2010 so check your availability on their official 4G site. For a preview of 4G speeds, see our hands on review of the Sprint Overdrive.

The Supersonic was recently captured on video in near final form sporting a white case. HTC and Sprint both have a history of tweaking the design and colors, so we might end up with something different by launch.

Rumored specs of the HTC Supersonic include:

• GPS
  • FM Radio
  • 1GHZ Snapdragon
  • MicroUSB and MicroSD

Source: WSJ

1. swazedahustlaGuest 5 years ago

Wow, sprint is about to take off into outer space. Not only is the supersonic getting announced, but the N1 is coming to sprint as well.

2. droidrawrGuest 5 years ago

I bet it’ll be MiniUSB like every other HTC phone, the rest sound awesome.

• UsmanGuest 5 years ago

All of HTC’s new phones are microUSB. It’s a new industry standard man.

• I didn’t find the story on Android Community and I already linked the source.

AC routinely rips our stories and images without credit, so I’m not going out of my way to link you up.

3. treefqGuest 5 years ago

I am in a Clear/Sprint 4G market. I am waiting anxiously for the release.

4. hope they add two mics on this!

5. JayLayGuest 5 years ago

Envie…pure envie…. here in spain (europe)… we’ll never see this phone…well, at least I think so….
    It’s incredible the cool stuff you have over there :-P

ENJOY IT!!

6. DariusGuest 5 years ago

y does it sound like it will b without flash for the camera…that always irks me …(hero owner)

• AntwanGuest 5 years ago

If I’m not mistaken I believe it has Dual LED Flash on the back.

7. Calling all mobile app developers: What can you do with 4G? – Android and MeGuest 5 years ago

[...] could be announced next week during CTIA, but the one I am looking forward to the most is the HTC Supersonic. This device is significant because it is rumored to be the first 4G handset for Sprint’s new [...]

8. What can Developers do with 4G? Tell Us | Androidheadlines.comGuest 5 years ago

[...] Android phones could be announced during CTIA, but the one I am looking forward to the most is the HTC Supersonic. This device is significant because it is rumored to be the first 4G handset for Sprint’s new [...]

9. jonathanGuest 5 years ago