Progressive car insurance now has an app in the Android Market.
The company previously released an iPhone app in January and then decided to release one for Android since it is the fastest growing smartphone platform on the market today.
Progressive claims they are the first major U.S. car insurance group to release an app for Android.
Existing customers can use the app to make payments and manage their claims while new users can compare insurance rates for different cars and get quotes. Those of you who can’t get enough of their endless TV spots can also watch the latest commercials.
“We’ve seen a 30 percent increase in visits to our mobile Web site by Android users over the past four months. Our Android app is designed to simplify the mobile experience for this fast-growing group of customers.”Matt LehmanProgressive’s Web experience director
With the free Android app, users can:
- Get car insurance quotes and buy a policy
- Make payments and update policy information
- Get directions to a local independent insurance agent
- Get directions to the closest service center, where customers receive Progressive’s concierge level of claims service
- Research crash test results and recall notices
- Calculate and budget for monthly car loan payments
- Compare the relative costs to insure different types of cars
- Report and track claims
- Watch the latest Progressive TV commercials