After a short alpha testing period, Skyfire 2.0 is now available in the Android Market as a public beta. This alternative browser is unique because it offers the ability to play some Flash videos (sorry, no Hulu). Cool features include the SkyBar which automatically detects video, searches for recommendations, and allows you to easily share content with your friends.
Grab the beta now and check out your favorite site with Flash video. Skyfire already plays millions of videos and it is learning new sites every day.
Highlights of Skyfire 2.0 beta include:
- VIDEO: magically offers up videos that appear as broken links on all other mobile browsers, enabling Flash video to play quickly and smoothly.
- EXPLORE: reads your mind and presents smart recommendations for related media content from sources such as YouTube, Twitter, Google, Digg and more.
- SHARE: makes browsing social, with one-click share features to help you get the word out.
- Supports Flash web video with patent-pending adaptive streaming technology for smooth playback
- Pinch to zoom (on Android 2.0 and above)
- Multi-tab browsing – open up to eight windows and browse simultaneously using visual tabs
- Choose to load full desktop webpages or mobile optimized versions
- Clear session history easily upon exit to maintain anonymous browsing