Apr 08 AT 11:28 AM Taylor Wimberly 27 Comments

Verizon HTC Incredible manual leaks out, full specs included

Yesterday we learned of the HTC Incredible target launch date (April 29th) and today we have the full spec list thanks to a leaked manual. Phandroid has posted the entire 205 page user manual that included the missing details we have been waiting on. The official specs are not as incredible as some of the rumors we posted, but this device matches up nicely with the current crop of high-end Android phones.

Based on the CPU, RAM and ROM, the Incredible closely resembles the HTC Desire and Nexus One. All three phones have a 1 GHz Snapdragon processor, 512 MB ROM, and 512-576 MB RAM.

Verizon still plans to support Google’s Nexus One, but it looks like the Incredible will ship first at this point. Many customers were waiting to purchase whatever phone came out first, but there might be a few hold outs for the Nexus One. The major difference between the two phones is software. The Incredible features Android 2.1 with HTC’s Sense UI and the Nexus One has stock Android 2.1. Based on recent history (and what we have been told), the Nexus One should always be the first Android phone to receive the latest version of the firmware while the Sense UI will lag behind on updates.

Incredible or Nexus One? If you are on Verizon, which phone do you prefer?

Highlights of the specs include:

• Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon at 1 GHz.
  • OS: Android 2.1 with Sense UI
  • Memory: 576MB RAM/512MB ROM
  • Screen: 3.7-inch AMOLED at 480×800.
  • Radios: 1xRTT, EVDO Rev. A.
  • Dimensions: 4.63×2.30×0.47 inches.
  • Weight: 4.6 ounces with battery.
  • Camera: 8MP with autofocus and flash.
  • Battery: 1300 mAh (talk time rated at 313 minutes, 146 hours’ standby)
  • aGPS
  • Digital compass
  • Proximity Sensor
  • Light sensor
  • Bluetooth 2.1
  • WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
  • 3.5mm headphone jack

Full specs for the HTC Incredible.

Source: Phandroid

• http://Website geekosphere101

I am going with the Incred, not that much different than the N1 but I do like Sense. I am assuming this is the same camera of the EVO, I hope it can do 720p?

I was really hoping for more ROM as rumored, that’s definitely a downer :(

• http://Website Jeff

The biggest thing for me and the Incredible was the rumored FM Tuner. If there isn’t one of those, I’m more inclined to go for the Nexus One for the stock Android/quicker updates.

• http://Website Jeff

Guess I should’ve read the manual first. I expected a FM tuner to be listed in the specs, but it’s not. There’re instructions for listening to radio on page 180!

Back to wanting an Incredible. =)

• http://Website Jonathan_m

It was between the N1, Evo, and this one. Looks like it’s going to be N1 and the Evo now!. Still leaning toward the N1 however. Simply cause the Evo has a lot of stuff I really would not use.. HDMI output what!!… no use to me..at least for now. What do u guys say : ).

• http://www.toysdiva.com PixelSlave

Neither. After reading about the less than truthful resolution count, I am not going to get either one of these phones. I am waiting for the Droid 2 — I wish it will be Google branded, so that it can be updated as soon as an update is available. I hate waiting for the OTA update.

• http://Website MFer

WHy didn’t HTC kept google’s photo gallery? Major dissappointment.

• http://Website rimn

that looks like the desire, except the camera

• http://Website Kevin

I’m currently only AT&T, but am ready to move to Sprint or Verizon to get either the EVO or Incredible/N1 on Verizon. Going to be a tough choice between the two.

• http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspot.com/ Gary

Can you upload your own music and ringtones to it or has verizon blocked that like they have on other phones ?

• http://Website Rob Moore

I upload my own music and ringtones to my HTC Droid Eris all the time. I use DoubleTwist to manage it, and have never hit a snag. I can’t imagine it would be any different with these phones.

• http://Website Glenn

Does anybody know if EITHER the HTC Incredible OR the Google Nexus for Verizon will have the V-CAST Mobile TV? I have the LG Voyager and I LOVE the V-CAST Mobile feature and can’t believe none of the Android phones that Verizon has come out with or that I have heard are coming soon have this service or has even talked about it being offered. I’d greatly appreciate it if anyone out there knows of any of the Android phones for Verizon are coming out with this feature or if there is any DROID apps out there that have or will offer the ability to watch live TV. Thanks!

• http://Website Garrett

Glenn, Verizon does offer V-CAST for android. If you look in the android market for the Droid or Eris you’ll see a “Verizon” section. V-CAST apps are there.

• http://Website Glenn

Garrett, I’ve held off on purchasing the Droid because it did not have the V-Cast Mobile TV service that I have (and love) on my LG Voyager. Are you saying that you can download an V-Cast app from the Andriod Market from the Droid phone that will give you the ability to watch the live TV from FLO TV that the V-Cast Mobile TV gives me on my Voyager?

• http://Website Glenn

Garrett, can you clarify as, since the Droid Incredible has just been announced for sale soon, I am really interested but want to know about the possibility of getting V-Cast Mobile TV on the phone. Thanks!

• http://Website Chris

I was all over this phone until I seen it was coming out for Verizon. Give me this on a GSM carrier and I’ll be happy. I think I would have liked this phone better then the Nexus One.

• Pingback: The next chapter in the Droid saga begins April 29th – Android and Me()

• http://Website Katie

I have been (not so) patiently waiting for the nexus one to be released for Verizon. I, unlike Chris, will never leave Verizon. I like having 3G where I live (the Grand Canyon). I was with Alltel and had the circle of 10, which meant I used minimal minutes. Now that I have GoogleVoice, I use no minutes at all.

The Nexus One has been my obsession since I first heard of it, but the lag keeps me bummed. Come on Google, give a girl a bone!

• Pingback: It’s a Droid, It’s Incredible, It goes on pre-order April 19th – Android and Me()

• http://Website barrak

Guys , is it locked to specific carrier or I can use it with the carrier in my contrary?

• Pingback: The Droid Incredible has internal storage to spare and video out – Android and Me()

• Pingback: Droid Incredible hands-on video in the wild – Android and Me()

• Pingback: Droid Incredible hands-on video in the wild | Androidheadlines.com()

• http://Website Stacie

I got it yesterday and it does have the radio, the picture quality is amazing. The speed is amazing. Still trying to learn a few things about assigning ringtones but what I cant figure out on my own the Verizon guys will have learned FOR ME.

• Pingback: HTC’s DROID Incredible finally grows some roots | News URL()

• http://aol P Haggerty

I have had serveral new phones through verizon. I have been trying to get city id taken off for four months. Verizon say it has been taken off. the next month I have to call and get a credit. this is getting to be the only thing about verizon I don’t like. and for four months now I have had to call in a get a credit fpr city id taken off. still haven’t had any results. have anyone out there had this problem?

• http://Website Lisa

I just got an incredible and am loving it. Does anyone know how to have a name come up with the number when it calls or texts. Thanks, Lisa

• http://Website HTCHATer

one of most disadvantage of htc phones is battery
    read on Dual core android phones

1. geekosphere101Guest 5 years ago

I was really hoping for more ROM as rumored, that’s definitely a downer :(

2. JeffGuest 5 years ago

• JeffGuest 5 years ago

Back to wanting an Incredible. =)

3. Jonathan_mGuest 5 years ago

4. PixelSlaveGuest 5 years ago

5. MFerGuest 5 years ago

WHy didn’t HTC kept google’s photo gallery? Major dissappointment.

6. rimnGuest 5 years ago

that looks like the desire, except the camera

7. KevinGuest 5 years ago

8. GaryGuest 5 years ago

• Rob MooreGuest 5 years ago

9. GlennGuest 5 years ago

• GarrettGuest 5 years ago

• GlennGuest 5 years ago

• GlennGuest 5 years ago

10. ChrisGuest 5 years ago

11. The next chapter in the Droid saga begins April 29th – Android and MeGuest 5 years ago

[...] For those that missed it, the Droid Incredible specs leaked out last week. [...]

12. KatieGuest 5 years ago

13. It’s a Droid, It’s Incredible, It goes on pre-order April 19th – Android and MeGuest 5 years ago

[...] finally announced their next Android phone. We already knew the release date (April 29th) and specs, but today we learned about the [...]

14. barrakGuest 5 years ago

15. The Droid Incredible has internal storage to spare and video out – Android and MeGuest 5 years ago

[...] despite having its full user manual leaked and being officially outed by Verizon it looks as though the Droid Incredible had just a few more [...]

16. Droid Incredible hands-on video in the wild – Android and MeGuest 5 years ago

[...] User manuals and spec rundowns are great, but how does the device look and function in person? Our answer comes from a quick video of Keith Nowak, Public Relations for HTC, taken by Nerdstalker at the 99% conference in New York. [...]

17. Droid Incredible hands-on video in the wild | Androidheadlines.comGuest 5 years ago

[...] hands-on video in the wild 19. Apr, 2010 written by Sean Riley / androidandme.com0 CommentsUser manuals and spec rundowns are great, but how does the device look and function in person? Our answer comes [...]

18. StacieGuest 5 years ago