Boy Genius Report has uncovered the missing pieces of the LG Ally for Verizon. New leaked documents provide the full specs of the device and the official launch schedule. As we speculated, the LG Ally is a mid-range phone with Android 2.1, a 600 MHz ARM11 processor, 3.2 inch display, and full QWERTY keyboard. Pre-orders will begin May 13th and the Ally is slated to launch on May 20th in all channels.
No price point was announced, but we expect Verizon will launch this device around $149 with 2-yr contract. That is the same price as the Verizon Devour which features nearly identical specs. Speaking of the Devour, it looks like the LG Ally will be the better purchase since it runs the latest Android 2.1, has a higher resolution display, and includes a better camera with autofocus and flash.
Full specs after the jump.
Specs of the LG Ally include:
- 800/1900 MHz CDMA, EVDO Rev A
- MSM7627, 600MHz processor
- Memory: ROM 512MB, RAM 256MB
- 3.2â€³ Touch Screen, 800 x 480 Pixels, 262K Color TFT
- Slide-Out QWERTY Keyboard
- BLUETOOTH 2.1 + EDR
- 3.2 Megapixel with Autofocus and Flash; Dedicated Camera/Video Key
- 3.5mm Headset Jack
- Android 2.1 OS; Google Experience Device
- LG Widgets including calendar widget, Weather+time, Socialite widget
- Integrated Google and Facebook Contacts in LG Socialite
- Push Gmail and Exchange, Google Calendar
- 4GB microSD pre-installed
- S-GPS and aGPS Capable
- Speakerphone MP3 Ringtones (Embedded Ringtones, Vibrating Alerts, and Silent)
- Visual Voice Mail Capable
- Google Apps include Google Search;
- Google Maps with Navigation Beta, Transit, and Wikipedia Information;
- Google Talk with Presence; Gmail; YouTubeâ„¢; Latitude; Google Calendar
- 1000s of Apps and 100s of Widgets Available in Android Market
- Android Webkit HTML5-based Browser
- Google Over the Air Updates
- Dimensions: 4.56â€³ (H) x 2.22â€³ (W) x 0.62â€³ (D)
- Weight: 5.57 oz.
- Usage Time: Up to 450 mins or Standby Time: Up to 500 hr