Froyo has already been rolling out to the Droid Incredible for a few days now, but if you haven’t gotten your tap on the shoulder yet and you would like to go ahead and speed up the process then just follow the instructions below.
This is the official release direct from Google’s servers so no need to worry about being stranded on an unofficial build as some other Android users were being threatened with earlier today.
To manually install Froyo on the Verizon Droid Incredible, perform the following steps:
- Download the official Android 2.2 firmware from Google from this link.
- Copy the file to the root directory your microSD card and name it update.zip (newb warning: not update.zip.zip)
- Power off your phone. Hold down the volume down button and power it back on.
- When you see the bootloader screen select recovery from the list using the volume buttons to move up and down and power to select.
- When you see the “/!\” symbol, press volume up and the power button at the same time to display the recovery options.
Use the volume up and down buttons to navigate to “apply sdcard:update.zip” and select it using the power button.
- When you see “Install from sdcard complete”, select “reboot system now”.
Let us know how the update goes for you and if you have any questions about the update process or Froyo just hit us up in comments.
Update: Please note that you should be on a stock ROM to apply this update.