EVAC is Pac-Man for the smartphone generation. This unique arcade game from our friends at Hexage takes the tried-and-true eat the dots gameplay of Pac-Mac, but then throws in some Zelda-like puzzles, Metal Gear Solid style stealth, and a little bit of Tron neon.
I know that might sound confusing, but the game actually starts off really easy and then walks you through the different booby-traps and power-ups. The game encourages replay with its ever-growing total score and multiple ways how to beat each level.
We love to support great developers that make awesome Android games, so go check it out in the Market if you need a new fix to kill some time this weekend.
The game comes in two versions – EVAC and EVAC HD. The HD version is optimised for advanced hi-res handsets and tablets including Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S, HTC Desire, Nexus One, Motorola Droid, etc. The basic version of EVAC is intended for Android handsets with lower performance and or smaller screens (320×480 HVGA) including HTC G1, myTouch 3G, HTC Hero, HTC Legend, Motorola CLIQ and more.
Hexage is making both version of EVAC available for 50% off the regular price for the first two weeks to celebrate their first HD title on Android Market. That means if you go out and buy it now, it will only cost you $1.50.
EVAC gameplay features include:
- Unique mix of genres with arcade, action, stealth and puzzle gameplay elements.
- 24 meticulously designed levels, each with a different twist.
- Creative gameplay – think of your own ways how to beat the game.
- Online leaderboards – Your highscore can only grow bigger every time you play.
- Signature soundtrack by kubatko (www.kubatko.info)