A leaked Froyo builds for the Samsung Galaxy S is nothing new, but it finally looks like Sprint is really to roll out Android 2.2 for the Samsung Epic 4G. Earlier today, the good folks on XDA-Developers were able to locate what looks to be the final Android 2.2 build for the Epic on Google’s servers.
We have no way of knowing if this is the final build that Sprint will be releasing, but if you’re willing to give it a try, head on over to XDA-Developers or simply follow the installation instructions below.
If you do happen to give this latest build a try, be sure to let us know how it goes. Keep in mind, flashing this update could brick you handset and void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
Manually install Froyo on the Samsung Epic 4G
- Download the zip file from Google’s servers
- Rename the file to “update.zip”
- Save file to root directory on your microSD card
- Boot the Epic 4G into recovery mode (hold down the “Volume Down” button, “Camera” button, and “Power” button simultaniously)
- Install or apply the “update.zip” file from recovery. Use volume keys to navigate menu. Home key is select.