Dungeon Defenders just went on sale last month, but it quickly became one of the best selling Android games since it featured console-quality graphics thanks to the power of the Unreal Engine. The developer Trendy Entertainment has offered excellent support and already released several minor updates, but this week they launched the first major patch for Dungeon Defenders.
To celebrate the new version 2.01, Dungeon Defenders is now on sale for iOS and Android this Wednesday (1/19) for $.99, after which it retails for $4.99. New features include an improved tutorial video, new chase camera, cross-platform support, and more. Additional content was also added to the game including new character levels, new items, and new campaign levels.
Please remember that this game requires the latest Android phone to run smoothly so make sure you read the application description before you download it.
- Best: All Tegra 2 Based Devices
- High-End: Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy S phones
- Mid-Range: T-Mobile G2, Droid X, Droid 2
- 512 MB RAM (256 free at runtime)
- GPU capable of OpenGL ES 2.0
- Android 2.1
- 800 Mhz CPU or greater recommended
- SD card with at least 600 MB free storage
If you already have Dungeon Defenders, make sure you keep an eye out for their new PvP expansion pack which is coming soon.
- Chase Camera which allows for a true third-person, console-like experience
- GameSpy support for direct cross-platform iOS-Android game play.
- iOS 3.2+ support (issues on jailbroken 4.1 devices*)
- Performance Scaling Options (iPhone 4 users can set this to max for the best graphics!)
- iOS custom background music support
- New tutorial video, explaining the game in only a minute
- Familiars (pets) re-added into the game
- Max item level raised to 15 and max character level raised to 70
- New item drop types
- New campaign level and challenge mission for high-level heroes
- Cross-platform leaderboards
- Eliminated low cap on speed stat. and changed some related calculations
- INSANE difficulty is much, much harder
- Rebalanced item drops to make super items harder to get
- Fixed levelling & item farming exploits
- Improved voice chat stability
- Eliminated many GameCenter & iOS related crashes
- Large performance boost due to media and code optimization
- Rebalanced item value ramp
- Replaced on-screen pause button with character button which allows for fast-healing
- Moved pause button into character sub-menu
- Lots of minor bug fixes, etc.
- Items now have a level req