Jan 05 AT 1:26 PM Taylor Wimberly 19 Comments

AT&T HTC Inspire 4G is first U.S. phone with the new Sense UI

Today AT&T announced the Inspire 4G, which is the first phone in the U.S. to feature the latest Sense UI. This high-end Android phone is AT&T’s version of the Desire HD with support for their 4G HSPA+ network.

HTC also revealed that the Inspire 4G will be the first U.S. phone to feature the latest Sense UI, allowing users to create an account on www.htcsense.com. The new Sense platform can locate a lost phone on a map, send a command to sound an alert on the handset, and remotely wipe the phone’s data with a single command.

The device is expected to launch in the first quarter of 2011 and will ship with Android 2.2. It will be upgradeable to Android 2.3, but AT&T does not have the best track record with software updates so we will wait and see.

From AT&T: The HTC Inspire4G is a stunning, 4.3-inch super LCD smartphone running on Android 2.2 smartphone and the first in North America to feature the next-generation HTC Sense platform with cloud services. The new Sense platform can pinpoint on a map a lost phone, send a command to sound an alert on the handset, and remotely wipe the phone’s data with a single command through http://www.htcsense.com/. Inspire 4G also delivers an 8-megapixel camera and a HD video recorder. The HTC Inspire 4G will include a 1 GHZ processor, while also boasting a premium, aluminum unibody design. For more information, visit www.att.com/inspire4G (website available after 10 a.m., PT on Jan. 5). This device is slated for launch in the first quarter of 2011, only for AT&T customers.

Source: AT&T

• http://Website Richard

This is proof that the HTC EVO 4G is here to stay the first 4g device made in june 2010 will only be bigger and better in june 2011…. THE HTC EVO 2 4G ON SPRINT WILL BE ANNOUNCED AFTER CTIA IN MARCH…. ANDROID RULES AND SPRINT RULES AT& T

• http://Website you are a silly silly little boy

I thinks someone loves their evo a little too much… Its a phone, get over it. There are already much better phones out and their will always be an even better one around the corner. Fanboys…geez…

• http://Website anon

What does “upgradeable to Android 2.3″ mean? Are they saying that you won’t get anything past 2.3?

• http://Website lovo

No dual core? Pass

• DavidM

looks good, is announced after i get my Captivate, should have waited 4 months

• http://Website Nate

This will provably be my upgrade from my nexus one, I was thinking about the Olympus, but since that’s a Motorola there will probably be their super locked bootloader and little to no custom rom support. And this baby will probably get cm7, but I’ll just wait and see.

• chief113

• http://Website Sum 1 still a hater

I love how ppl hate on the evo come on already let who ever got 1 have there lil victory moment the evo has done things for me an iphone 4 will never no do in a life time come on we should b happy wen ever a new android comes around n steps all over apple fan boys

• http://Website Daniel Greer

Why in the HELL do these companies keep launching their hottest devices on AT&T’s crap network? I’m already an Evo owner but this puppy is sweet. No dual core but that I could live with. It’s putting such an awesome piece of hardware on a network where you don’t even get enough data with your plan to make it worth the trouble of turning on. :(

• http://Website Nate

people give so much crap to AT&T’s network but honestly it isn’t that bad, while I know it isn’t nearly as great as verizon’s it is still very useable, and at least where I live it has a hell of a lot better coverage that T-mo or Sprint.

• http://Website Sean

Daniel,
      If you were to ask me, AT&T doesn’t have ANY selection for smartphones. This is largely in part because they have/had an exclusivity deal with Apple. Now that the exclusivity contract runs out, more high-powered Android phones.

Just look at Verizon. They have the baddest phones on the market. Why? No individual exclusivity.

• http://Website AndreaCristiano

I’m so sick and tired of people bashing AT&T if you havent noticed AT&T has the highest subscriber rate for the past many years, every quarter more people join AT&T than any other carrier, shit verizon had to buy ALLTEL to become number 1. Now this year AT&T is projected to become number one again by mid year. Also AT&T has the lowest churn in the industry( meaning the least turnover/loss of customers.) If all you haters where right about how horrible the network is people would be mass exodusing alla sprint /Tmobile, these two companies can’t keep people no matter how cheap they get. so in conclusion people would leave a network if was as bad as you haters say not keep going to it by the droves

• http://Website Nate

I completely agree with you about AT&T’s coverage being totally underrated, but we do have to admit that some of that enormous growth has to be attributed to them having the exclusive iPhone deal.

• chief113

• http://Website BIGG_SAM619

true verizon will have the iphone but they do not have GSM…verizon customers who get the iphone can not open email and make a phone call at the same time. They have to shut one to do the other. Also they can not go to to lets say europe and use their service there without getting a special sim to use. With ATT you can multitask and go anywhere without a hassle. we will see though…My IT buddy told me this…and hes good

• http://Website Sean

I’m an AT&T customer and the service is absolutely great. I get FULL 3G speeds and have had maybe 2 dropped calls in the past year and half.

Their service isn’t bad, it’s just what propaganda makes it out to be.

• http://Website ATT User

AT&T isnt so bad…… if you look at their coverage map…… clearly…. west has white outs all over it. missed call here and there. when it comes to support and customer retention, they reign supreme. I have had all 3 top carriers and AT&T is where i chose to stay.

• http://Website Jkampe

im debaiting on to get the captive or htc inspire
    at@t has good service but i get dropped calls all the time
    will switching phones help?
    i have 3G Iphone

• http://Website Vega

Skip the Captivate and go directly to the Inspire. The Inspire is so much better. I have both phones and it’s like night and day between the two devices.

The Inspire is very fluid, the GPS actually works, the screen is amazing and with all the HTC applications it just makes for a better experience.

1. RichardGuest 4 years ago

• you are a silly silly little boyGuest 4 years ago

2. anonGuest 4 years ago

3. lovoGuest 4 years ago

No dual core? Pass

4. looks good, is announced after i get my Captivate, should have waited 4 months

5. NateGuest 4 years ago

• Same with me. The only bad spot I have is in my kitchen, which got to be annoying, so I made the switch to Verizon. Couldn’t even make a call from anywhere in the house on Verizon, so I switched back to ATT.

6. Sum 1 still a haterGuest 4 years ago

7. Daniel GreerGuest 4 years ago

• NateGuest 4 years ago

• SeanGuest 4 years ago

Daniel,

8. AndreaCristianoGuest 4 years ago

• NateGuest 4 years ago

• Totally agree. We’ll see what happens when Verizon gets that iphone. I am curious to see if Verizon starts to get less Android phones and just caters to the iphone.

• BIGG_SAM619Guest 4 years ago

9. SeanGuest 4 years ago

Their service isn’t bad, it’s just what propaganda makes it out to be.

10. ATT UserGuest 4 years ago

11. JkampeGuest 4 years ago

im debaiting on to get the captive or htc inspire
    at@t has good service but i get dropped calls all the time
    will switching phones help?
    i have 3G Iphone