Jan 05 AT 5:44 PM Nick Gray 12 Comments

Leaked images and video of the SONY Ericsson XPERIA Arc hit the web

SONY Ericsson’s Android front has been quite for some time, but it looks like the long wait is finally about to pay off. New images of the SONY Ericsson XPERIA Arc have hit the web which shows off a 8.7mm thick (at it’s thinnest point) body and a 4.2-inch 854 x 480 display. Rumor has it that the SONY Ericsson XPERIA Arc will feature 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 8 megapixel back illuminated SONY image sensor capable of HD video recording, and may even be running on Gingerbread.

As usual, SONY Ericsson still has not confirmed that the XPERIA Arc even exists, but we have a feeling that the new handset will make an appearance during SONY’s press event which is scheduled to start in just a few hours. In the meantime, sit back and feast your eyes on the short hardware highlight video of the SONY Ericsson XPERIA Arc.

Via: Engadget

Source: Gagadget

• fatspirit

Looks good.

• http://Website Paul

Very Very sexy phone, but sony ericssons skin usually is over done & the silly position of the headphone jack & most important the 4.2″ screen, a phone should have a MAX screen size of 4″ however thin it is.

• http://Website matt

i like sony ericcson but i was so angry after i got the xperia x10 that i will never buy a sont ericcson android phone again.

• http://www.flickr.com/littledebbie11 LittleDebbie11

Oh man that is so gorgeous!! But it’s probably going to go to AT&T again. -_-

• http://Website corlin

I’m tired of these specs: 1GHz, 5/8MP camera with HD video, 3.7-4.3″ screen, 854×480. That describes almost every phone nowdays

• http://Website ironic

this is .2″ bigger than x10. unless it has a update processor there is not a big difference in terms of what it can do. If you are lucky they will release this with froyo. I have the x10 right now but my next phone will be the optimus 2x or the 4.5″ galaxy s for att

• http://Website brixe

whatta gorgeos design. . .
    definitely, this is the best design on android land.

• http://Website sunil

Hm looks like you haven’t seen the dual core Mootorola, Samsung and LG yet.. they are not only ‘too’ gud.. but pack a better CPU as well.. I’ll bet for LG this time..it looks a step ahead of the herd as of now.. slimmer, better display than AMOLED (powersaving daylight vieweing) and ofcourse 1.2 Ghz dual core tegra processor LG Optmus 2X 9Samsung is bringing in another killer with similar specs though

• http://Website CTown

Wow.. not only does this phone look nice, it does so in a distinctively XPERIA look! Way to go Sony.

• MC

I blame it ALL on the bar lowering allowed by the totally pedestrian Nexus 2!

• http://Website Sunil

The worst announcement for the users is the Samsung Nexus phone.. the specifications are all old school.. where as the new breed of makers has moved to dual core based phones and atleast the Gorilla glass

• http://Website Miranda

This phone is super nice! I can’t wait for it to come out! I am a phone junky- I always have to have the newest and the best of the best. Obviously since phones are depreciating values, I am spending a whole lot of money on phones. Being an employee and subscriber of DISH, I am always looking for the best of the best to actually get what I want. I frequently watch HD on my phone cause I’m not home enough to watch it there. I use the TV Everywhere option with my receiver and I get my programming on my phone. It rocks!

1. Looks good.

2. PaulGuest 4 years ago

3. mattGuest 4 years ago

4. LittleDebbie11Guest 4 years ago

Oh man that is so gorgeous!! But it’s probably going to go to AT&T again. -_-

5. corlinGuest 4 years ago

6. ironicGuest 4 years ago

7. brixeGuest 4 years ago

whatta gorgeos design. . .
    definitely, this is the best design on android land.

• sunilGuest 4 years ago

8. CTownGuest 4 years ago

9. This is all rather sad, actually! We were supposed to have a slew of state-of-the-art goodies announced at CES, but, instead we’re getting re-cased, polished up single-core, non-”4G” (quotes intended) in some cases – “same ol’ same ol’!”

I blame it ALL on the bar lowering allowed by the totally pedestrian Nexus 2!

10. SunilGuest 4 years ago