ROM Manager is a “must have” application for every root user out there. Of course, one of the most important benefits of rooting your device is the ability to flash custom ROMs onto it, and those that like playing around with them, will be happy to know that ClockworkMod has released ROM Manager version 4.0.
ROM Manager’s new features (as stated by Koushik Dutta from ClockworkMod):
- ROM Manager now supports comments and ratings!
- The service behind ROM Manager 4 is hosted on DeployFu.
- Learned and wrote the service in ASP .NET MVC 3.
- Finally got around to unsuckifying the ROM Manager UI.
- WebConnect is no longer a useless chrome-to-phone downloader.
- Paving the way for even bigger things to come… (hint: a website)
The major changes that the users will experience first-hand are the UI improvements, and the ability to rate and comment on ROMs, but as Koushik Dutta mentions, there is much more than meets the eye, as well as more features in the works, which seem to include a website.
To check out the new version of ClockworkMod’s ROM Manager, head over to the Android Market to get in on the fun. This app is actually free, but there is also a Premium version for $4.99, giving you the option to turn off ads (for those that would like to support the developer). Please let us know your opinions on this app and its new changes, and happy flashing!