Is it my birthday? It must be, ’cause Google just released a native Google Docs app for Android. I think I speak for everybody in the Android community when I say: Finally! Some of you might remember that rumor we heard a while back about Google shifting its focus from HTML5 mobile apps to native ones, well, it looks like we’re starting to see the fruits of that change in strategy — and we’re liking what we’re seeing. The Google Docs app will allow you to:
- Edits to your documents appear to collaborators in seconds
- Make quick changes to spreadsheets
- View your documents, PDFs, images and more.
- Upload and convert files to the Google Docs format
- Take a photo of printed text and convert it to a Google document
- Share docs with your phone’s contacts
Additionally, the app features a widget for easy document creation. What are you waiting for? Head to the Android Market and download this app right now, you know you want to.