Autodesk just announced that a version of its popular AutoCAD WS app is coming to Android soon. For those of you not up to date in the design world, AutoCAD WS allows you to “to share your files with anyone and collaborate in real-time. Using your Android phone or tablet, you can work with clients and colleagues using any other Android device or any iOS device or any desktop computer with a browser.” Autodesk didn’t cut any corners for the Android app either, including all the features the iOS counterpart enjoys. Here’s a summary of all the features and a video of Andy getting played with (in a good way):
- Online DWG viewer—Access your AutoCAD drawings from anywhere; all you need is a web browser.
- Web-based CAD—Edit drawings online using many familiar and intuitive drawing and editing tools.
- CAD for Apple iOS and Android devices—Work on AutoCAD drawings directly on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Android device.
- No software required—Invite team members to review and edit DWG drawings online.
- Collaborate in real time—Conduct online design reviews with participants in multiple locations.
- Track and manage changes—Record changes to designs in a timeline for version control and auditing.
- Edit Offline—Work with your DWG files offline without a 3G or Wi-Fi connection from your iOS mobile device (Apple iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch)
If you’re interested in AutoCAD WS and have a device with Android 2.1 or above, you can keep an eye out on this page to get a reminder once the app launches.