Apr 13 AT 4:36 PM Alberto Vildosola 21 Comments

HTC Sensation will be available from Three, Orange, O2, and T-Mobile in the UK

Not wanting to let Vodafone UK steal the show with the HTC Sensation; Three, Orange, O2, and T-Mobile all took the opportunity to let us know that they too will get the very anticipated phone. Both Orange and T-Mobile tweeted that they’ll get the phone in June, as soon as the 1-month exclusivity with Vodafone UK expires. O2 and Three both confirmed the arrival of the Sensation but stayed away from giving us an estimated launch date. Is any loyal reader across the pond already saving money to get this beauty in the summer? If you need some convincing you can always count on HTC’s promo videos.

Via: AndroidCentral

Source: Twitter

Alberto is a college student living somewhere between Miami, Sarasota and the World Wide Web. Although a former iPhone owner, Alberto is now a proud Android enthusiast. You can follow Alberto on Twitter and Google+ for his thoughts unworthy of an article.

• http://Website mane

• http://Website ANA LE GRANDE

THIRST

• http://Website Rob

Guys,

I am a loyal reader on your blog but have never left any comments. I am so excited for the Sensation that I can’t help but share my enthusiasm at the release of this incredible turbo charged handset. I have been using the Nexus One since January 5, 2010, I had a brief dance with the Samsung Vibrant but was not impressed and hated the Touch Wiz, overlay. This new Snap Dragon MSM8260 processor is going to make everything run super smooth and lighting fast. I hope all you other Android fans are excited for this phone.

The only thing I can’t figure out is the back cover, I would have thought that the aluminium HTC swoosh on the back was part of the entire chassis, I can not see any lines on the side which would indicate a back cover, in videos i have see the back cover removed, please let me know if any of you know the answer.

Cheers,

Rob

• Alberto Vildosola

• http://Website Nick

Check out this video at the 02:30 mark. The aluminum back actually extends all the way around, and is the front bezel of the screen, meaning the separation point is the edge of the display glass. The back houses the antennas under the plastic triangles (note that the several electrical contacts).

Another interesting thing is that the glass is curved slightly, sunken inward and rising around the perimeter (I guess to give tactile feedback to the screen edge). Sort of an evolution of the banana-curve of the Nexus S touch screen, which I don’t notice during use.

• http://Website Rob

Nick,

Thanks, that’s what it is, the seperation point being the glass with the aluminium. So awesome@!!!!

• http://Website Nate

For those in the USA, what’s even the point of buying a T-mobile usa phone anymore?

I switched to a different carrier when my contract expired last month, which is going to prevent me from having to deal with shitty AT&T.

Yeah, this is a great phone, but I’m not buying it if it means that I will soon have to deal with AT&T.

• http://Website Trollhater

I totally understand what your saying. However i don’t plan on leaving T-mo. If this deal comes through i would like to enjoy the possible last days of this carrier with the most desired phone on the market.

• uzunoff

And leave T-mobile as it is, a low cost open company in order to keep the customers happy. Something like Sprint and Virgin mobile deal.
      Although I am still having my fingers crossed that the merger will not be approved by the Federal Regulators.

• http://Website DJ

Hey guys and liek ROb i i read here 24/7 i rarely will leave a comment. Im super exstatic about this phone to be honest. It has everything i could possibly want and its by HTC. I have never had an HTC phone but i have always wanted one they just seem Simply Briliant (no pun originally intended). I think this phone we be amazing only downside to it in my opinion is being on T-Mobile now i love T-mobiles service but its just cheap, i personally don’t mind spending 25$ for a data plan on T-mobile the problem comes when there 4G isnt 4G its friggin 3.5G and its really slow these Theoretical speeds of 21+ mbps or 42+ mbps are shear lies thats my opinion at least. I think thats the sensation should have a 4G LTE variant of it and send it on over to VZW for the LTE factor i am not bashing T-mobile or anything i had it for 5 or 6 years now i just think if you have a phone as great as the Sensation HTC is selling themselves and their phone short by not putting it on @ LEast T-mobile and Sprint or T-mobile and VZW id love to see a Thunderbolt 2.0 or Thunderbolt 2 or HTC NEBULUS lol or even just a Sensation 4GLTE

• http://Website RAPTOR
    • masterpfa

There’s only one way to sort this out

“FIGHT”

• http://Website Richard Yarrell

Another great iteration from htc. They are the best.

• http://Website Earth2

My HTC hero has done me proud on orange so I’m due an update and the sensation is now high on my list as next phone…..however, its the Evo 3D I’m really after, whatever form it may be in when it eventuality arrives hear in blighty.

• masterpfa

• http://htcsensationspecs.com/ Brian

Why do you guys like the evo 3d over the sensation? It seems to me just going off of the specs that the sensation is the winner here. Curious to hear why you guys have the 3D on the top of your list.

• masterpfa

As an owner of both the Google Nexus 1 and the HTC Desire HD I was keen, as were many other DHD owners present, to compare.

In comparing the Desire HD and the Sensation, I must say I do prefer the width of the DHD’s screen as it gives the impression of being a larger screen with a bigger viewing area, but I accept that the format for the Sensation has been changed for true 16:9 (wide-screen) aspect ratio.

I loved the new lock-screen, with easy access directly to the Phone, Camera, Messages etc with quite a few additional touches, incorporating Gingerbread and even better, Sense 3.0 which is an enormous leap forward from Sense 2.0 which I just love.

The short answer to the OP is Yes I can’t wait to get my hand on this phone. For us in the UK it is a worthy successor to the DHD and I somehow feel we may never get the EVO 3D but you never know.

I am waiting to see what deals will be available in the UK and also for a handset only price as I prefer not to be tied down to a contract (my 2 other handsets were obtained unlocked and sim free).

Roll on May/June

• http://Website edwinn

I really thought I was going to get this, but then realized it doesn’t have hdmi out :/

I still might get it and sell my G2, but I really wanted HDMI to be a feature on my new device.

• http://Website Rob

Guys,

Do any of you know if the HTC Sensation has Notification Light/LCD on the front to the left of the ear piece? I am dying to know this please respond and also, do you know if T-Mobile USA is going to brand the phone. I don’t see much real estate to slap taht ghastly T-Mobile logo anywhere on such a precious masterpiece as the Sensation.

Cheers,

Rob

• http://Website AM123

I noticed that there is a green led notification light near the right end of the earpiece grill on a youtube video while it was being charged. On T-Mobile’s site, the htc name is printed on the left top half while the t-mobile name was place on the top right (like Sprint’s Evo 4G).

• http://www.ipaddataplan.net/blog/ best ipad data plan

Its such as you learn my mind! You seem to grasp a lot about this, like you wrote the guide in it or something. I feel that you simply could do with a few % to power the message home a bit, however instead of that, this is great blog. An excellent read. I will definitely be back.

1. maneGuest 4 years ago

2. RobGuest 4 years ago

Guys,

Cheers,

Rob

• Congratulations on your first comment Rob! The whole team at Android and Me shares your enthusiasm for the HTC Sensation as well, it’s a beautiful piece of hardware. The aluminum swoosh is part of the back cover, and the whole thing pops out. See ya around.

• NickGuest 4 years ago

• RobGuest 4 years ago

Nick,

3. NateGuest 4 years ago

• TrollhaterGuest 4 years ago

• I am still hoping that AT&T will do the logical thing ( for the first time since they emerged from Cingular)

4. DJGuest 4 years ago

5. Richard YarrellGuest 4 years ago

Another great iteration from htc. They are the best.

6. Earth2Guest 4 years ago

• We can only hope the EVO 3D does arrive, after all the Desire HD was in effect the European version of the EVO (or as close as)

• BrianGuest 4 years ago

7. Hi I was lucky enough to get along to the HTC Event on Tuesday 12/04/11 in Bloosmbury Ball Room, London and had the pleasure to have an extended hands on with the Sensation and I was impressed.

Roll on May/June