T-Mobile’s myTouch 3G Slide owners can finally breathe a sigh of relief. T-Mobile and HTC have put the finally touches on the handset’s Froyo update and have made it available to the public. The Android 2.2.1 update introduces a handful of new features to the myTouch 3G Slide and should also improve the handset’s stability and performance. Unlike most other Android updates, myTouch 3G Slide owners will not be receiving an OTA notification to download the update. Instead, users will need to download and install the Android 2.2.1 build via a PC.
Below is a list of some of the new features and enhancements that come along with the Froyo update for the myTouch 3G Slide. For instructions on how to install the update on your handset, we suggest heading over to HTC’s myTouch 3G Slide product page and follow their detailed step-by-step guide.
myTouch 3G Slide Froyo Enhancements
- Android 2.2 (Froyo)
- Wi-Fi calling
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- USB Tethering (Internet Sharing)
- Low storage (User Data) notification mechanism
- Resolves issues with text and picture messaging
- Resolves some existing Bluetooth compatibility issues
- Improves compatibility with new Bluetooth devices
- Improves stability and reliability of the device
- Other various minor bug fixes