Oh, the joy of owning an HTC phone. This morning, the company announced on its support page that the Gingerbread update is now rolling out to those people with the Desire HD and Incredible S. HTC is certainly keeping true to its label as the most efficient company when it comes to updating their Android phones.
Here’s some of the things you’ll get with the Gingerbread update:
- UI refinements for simplicity and speed
- Faster, more intuitive text input
- One-touch word selection and copy/paste
- Improved power management
- Control over applications. “Manage applications” shortcut in the Home menu
- Native Internet calling support
- Downloads app for downloads management
- Many under the hood enhancements to speed and responsiveness
While HTC plans to have most of its devices running Android’s latest and greatest in the near future, other companies like Motorola and Samsung keep dragging their feet with the Gingerbread update. For those that care about having the latest Android version, HTC is becoming the de facto choice when buying a new phone. That’s something I’ll certainly keep in mind next time I buy a phone, you hear me LG?