May 08 AT 11:34 AM Edgar Cervantes 20 Comments

Nexus S 4G finally available from Sprint at $199.99 on-contract

Last month, we were treated with the announcement that Sprint’s Nexus S 4G would be releasing on May 8 (today), and surely, the Sprint version of Google’s phone is now available for purchase. As expected, the device is going for $199.99 on a two-year contract, or $549.99 without. This is $100 more than T-Mobile’s Nexus S, but Sprint’s Google phone does have 4G. Best Buy is actually offering it for $149.99 on a two-year contract, taking it a bit easier on your wallet.

Whether 4G radios are worth $100 (or $50) to you or not, it does not take away from the fact that it is nice to have a Nexus device available for more carriers. Though the GSM Nexus S is unlocked, 3G speeds were only possible through T-Mobile, which meant that AT&T customers were stuck on edge. Just the fact that the Nexus S made the jump to CDMA is a big step, and it is always good to have options, even though some may seem unfair.

There you go, Sprint users, the Nexus S 4G is finally here. Who is going for the “pure Google experience”?

Via: Android Central

Source: Sprint

Hello, I am Edgar Cervantes. I am an avid Android fan, and keeping myself updated on the topic is part of my daily life. I will always work hard to give the best of me to our community of Android enthusiasts, and I am very honored to be part of this ship. Hopefully we can all enjoy sharing our knowledge and opinions!

• http://largetoincharge.com Corey Harris

I want this so bad. I just have to find a way to come up with the money. I am sick of the HTC bugs on the EVO when it comes to storage space, and sick of all of sprints bloatware.

• http://Website Ratmuscle

Then root your phone. It gets rid of the bloatware and get a bigger card. Cheaper easier fix

• http://Website cheeto

Root your phone through unrevoked.com and install the mikfroyo Rom. It dramaticlly changed the speed of the phone and the battery life. I love this phone even more.

• http://Website Vincent Mac

Isn’t a quad band Nexus S available now so you can get att’s 3G bands?

• Nate B.

Oh, and I went out and got mines. Very nice it is.

• http://Website Scott

What’s the battery life like with the 4G radio on?
      My EVO won’t last 3 hours.

• http://www.theplatform.com Mazzura

I’ve had mine since the 5th. Moving from a HTC Hero, it’s been everything I could of hoped and more.

The battery is draining quite a bit faster than my girls Galaxy S Fascinate. However I’ll know more after today as I’ve done my first full drain and recharge. I’m wondering if this is due to 4G being enabled as I’ve heard this caused quick drains on the Evo.

Mediocre 4G coverage in the downtown Seattle area, speed tests average around 5mbps down 1mpbs up. Using Google Maps, GPS location is great. Pinpoints and tracks me in a car without turning on Wi-Fi.

Running full Quadrant benchmark: 1671.

Just ordered my Seidio Innocase Active X case from you guys!!

• Angie Strickland

Thanks for the support!

• Dave K

I’m still on the HTC Hero… waiting for the Evo 3D to come out. I hope that’s next month.

• http://Website 5n4r35

DOes anyone know if Verizon can flash this so it can be used on there network? It is to my understanding that it is already using the proper frequency minus WiMax. But you need to get Verizon to flash the phone so that it can be used on there network. Any statement from Verizon on whether they’ll allow it?

• http://Website Jorge

Tues you can change the esn with a verizon esn, make sure you get a smartphone esn because if you get a dumb phone esn and use a cheaper data plan you’d be breaking the law, its legal to change esn numbers as long as you don’t clone it, swapping is ok, and like I said if you change anan esn number to save money its also breaking the law, at least in the US.

• http://Website Richard Yarrell

I am glad for all the Nexus S4g owners. Myself I am waiting for the Legendary Htc Evo 3d I am really waiting for sprint to make the announcement that they are selling the device. I might give in an just go to best buy to reserve mines sometime next week.

• http://Website garet

if Sprints 4G coverage was better in my area I would get this for 150 bucks its a steal sure Evo 3D has some advantages but you really cant beat a pure google phone getting the updates from google and not waiting for your carrier to push out the updates.SO I will stick with T-mobile which the 4G coverage for me is great.

• http://Website Snowbdr89

Lol legendary evo 3d, how is the evo 3d legendary moron?

• http://Website Richard Yarrell

Your the same old THROB trolling all comments. pretty sad life isn’t it

• http://Website 00QuantaMeister

I upgraded today from the Samsung Moment to the Nexus S 4G. I have to say so far that I’m impressed with the device. As soon as I logged in, all my contacts were instantly updated in a flash. Web browsing is a lot faster. I have to say a device with a 4″ screen feels a lot better than 3.2″ screen on the Moment or an iPod Touch. I’m really surprised how thin the device is vs the Samsung Moment.

I reason that a developer phone that the Nexus Class belongs is a safe bet vs every other Android on the market. Nexus devices get upgrades faster & more consistently than most other Android devices. Instead of being on the outside looking in like I was with the Moment, I believe there will be lots of updates to Nexus S users.

How anyone can confuse a Nexus S to an iPhone is beyond me. If the giant Google Logo on the back wasn’t obvious. The look and feel of the device is definitely not an Apple product. To interpolate a famous Gundam quote, “This is no iPhone pal, NO IPHONE!”

• http://Website جوتيار کوردى

i dont understand why its 699.99 with reg price but its only 149 in best buy? the price is too different , why this difference??

thanks.

• http://Website mekonne

i will check it soon , well done

• http://www.meweb.com.au contract web developer

Thanks , I have recently been searching for info about this subject for a long time and yours is the greatest I have found out so far. However, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you certain concerning the source?

• http://iphone4snocontract.com/ i phone no contract

Its like you learn my mind! You appear to grasp so much approximately this, such as you wrote the book in it or something. I feel that you could do with some % to force the message house a little bit, however other than that, that is great blog. A great read. I’ll certainly be back.

1. Corey HarrisGuest 4 years ago

• RatmuscleGuest 4 years ago

• cheetoGuest 4 years ago

2. Vincent MacGuest 4 years ago

Isn’t a quad band Nexus S available now so you can get att’s 3G bands?

3. I honestly think out of all carriers Sprint puts the least bloatware on their devices.

Oh, and I went out and got mines. Very nice it is.

• ScottGuest 4 years ago

What’s the battery life like with the 4G radio on?
      My EVO won’t last 3 hours.

4. MazzuraGuest 4 years ago

Running full Quadrant benchmark: 1671.

Just ordered my Seidio Innocase Active X case from you guys!!

5. 5n4r35Guest 4 years ago

• JorgeGuest 4 years ago

6. Richard YarrellGuest 4 years ago

7. garetGuest 4 years ago

8. Snowbdr89Guest 4 years ago

Lol legendary evo 3d, how is the evo 3d legendary moron?

• Richard YarrellGuest 4 years ago