Hallelujah! The official Netflix app for Android just popped up on the Android Market. Before you go rushing off to download the app, there’s something we need to tell you first. The app is only available for the following devices:
- HTC Incredible with Android 2.2
- HTC Nexus One with Android 2.2, 2.3
- HTC Evo 4G with Android 2.2
- HTC G2 with Android 2.2
- Samsung Nexus S with Android 2.3
As someone who doesn’t own one of these devices, I truly feel your pain if you’re being left out of some movie-streaming goodness. The app has the kind of features you’d expect from a Netflix app, like:
- Watch as often as you want.
- Resume watching where you left off on your TV or computer.
- Browse movies and manage your instant Queue right from your phone.
If you do have one of the aforementioned phones, you can go ahead and get the app from the Market. After that, come back here and tell us how we should have gotten an HTC phone.
UPDATE: Knowing that many people won’t be able to install this app, Netflix wants you to know that they’re working on it. The company said:
We are aggressively qualifying phones and look forward to expanding the list of phones on which the Netflix app will be supported. We anticipate that many of these technical challenges will be resolved in the coming months and that we will be able to provide a Netflix application that will work on a large majority of Android phones.Roma Defrom the product team at Netflix