HTC EVO Shift 4G users will no longer look at their Gingerbread-toting friends with envy. Sprint has announced today that the Gingerbread update is now available for the HTC EVO Shift 4G. The phone joins the Nexus S 4G and HTC EVO 4G in a growing list of Sprint devices with Gingerbread.
According to Sprint and Google’s Gingerbread page, you can expect all the following features to arrive with this update:
- UI refinements for simplicity and speed
- Improved power management
- Internet calling
- Downloads management application
- Tons of stability and speed improvements
- The ability to laugh at those who still have Froyo (like me)
You can get all these goodies on your phone right now by following these very easy steps:
- From the Home screen, press Menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Flick up to scroll down and tap System updates.
- Tap HTC software update.
- Tap Check Now to see if any updates are available for your phone.
- If a system update is available, tap OK to download the update.
- Once the download is completed, tap OK to install.
- Your phone will power off and back on to complete the software update.
With so many Android phones receiving the Gingerbread update lately, I’m sure we’ll see that Developer Version pie chart get a whole lot of Gingerbread love next time it’s updated. Maybe by the time Ice Cream Sandwich gets here, at least 20% of Android users will be running version 2.3.
Have any of you updated your HTC EVO Shift 4G to Gingerbread already? If you have, we’d love to hear how it went. What do you like about the update? Have you noticed any considerable speed boost?