We don’t know exactly which phone it is, but the Samsung SGH-T989 just received its Bluetooth and WiFi certifications. The device is most likely headed to T-Mobile. Word on the street is that this is T-Mobile’s Samsung Hercules.
You might remember the Samsung Hercules from a rumor that popped up last month via TIMN. The Hercules is supposed to launch in Q4 of this year. Samsung and T-Mobile are still putting it through the testing phase. The phone is expected to arrive with the following specs:
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 1.2 Ghz Dual-core Qualcomm APQ8060 Processor
- 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus display with a resolution of 480 x 800
- 1GB of RAM and 16GB of ROM
- 8MP back-facing camera with flash
- Front-facing camera
- 1080p video recording
- HDMI-out with the microUSB port
- 4G support for both T-Mobile and AT&T
Ready to let you get your tap on? The Samsung Hercules will also be one of the first Android phones to launch with an NFC chip. Stay tuned for more information on this phone, as we’ll most likely get to know more about it over the coming weeks. Meanwhile, you can tell us in the comments whether you’ll be getting this puppy or not once it comes out.