Continuing the recent trend of handset Gingerbread updates, the HTC G2′s update is heading out over the air starting today.
So just what does the official update to Android 2.3.3 bring to G2 users? New features include:
- Tell HTC
- Google Books
- Notification bar color scheme changed to black
- New battery indicator, phone and web icons
- Color-coded network icon and signal indicator added (green when connected to Google servers; grey when not connected)
- Ability to disable the proximity sensor by pressing the power key while on a call
Bug fixes and other various improvements include:
- Wi-Fi calling improvements
- New SMS and email notification improvements
- Improvements to sending MMS from the Gallery
If you really don’t want to wait for the update to hit your handset, head on over to the T-Mobile forums, download Gingerbread and manually install now. Otherwise, sit patiently and try hitting Menu> Settings> About Phone> System Updates.