More than two months after being released, the Motorola Droid X2 is finally getting updated to Gingerbread. At last, Verizon has decided to let all you Droid X2 users enjoy a tasty piece of Gingerbread. If you haven’t automatically received the update yet, you might want to manually check for it via the Settings menu. If that doesn’t work either, fear not; you’ll probably receive it in the next few hours.
Once you’re blessed with the wonderfulness of Gingerbread, this is what you can expect:
- New Download Manager app
- Multi-Touch Key-Chording
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality
- New User Interface and Color Scheme (New version of MotoBloat)
- More security features like SD card encryption
- Updated Calendar app
- Google Books comes preloaded
- Tons of bug fixes and performance improvements
That should be enough improvements to make your Droid X2 feel brand new all over again. At least until Ice Cream Sandwich arrives this Christmas, which I fear will make current Gingerbread devices look like rotary dial phones.