Aug 26 AT 12:45 PM Edgar Cervantes 44 Comments

Samsung Galaxy S II family picture leaked: AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint variants (Update)

Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-US-Hero

Verizon users are still sad that Big Red will not be carrying the Samsung Galaxy S II. But life goes on, as they say. The Galaxy S II clan has gotten together for a family photo, and they’re not looking bad.

If you’ve been wondering what the Samsung Galaxy S II variant for your carrier will look like, now you know. These devices should be launched during Samsung’s announcement next Monday, August 29.

It does seem these aren’t as good looking as the international version. This was also the case with the OG Samsung Galaxy S devices. US carriers want exclusivity, and that definitely shakes things up. That’s actually one of the main reasons this device took so long to get to the US.

So, this is what the Galaxy S II variants will look like, and you should expect them to be coming soon. (Finally!) Sure was a long wait, wasn’t it? Are you guys still getting one of these? Or is it too late?

Update

It seems like the Samsung Galaxy S II announcement scheduled for the 29th was delayed due to Hurricane Irene. It will actually be on the 30th. Yes, we will have to wait one more day…

Via: PocketNow

Hello, I am Edgar Cervantes. I am an avid Android fan, and keeping myself updated on the topic is part of my daily life. I will always work hard to give the best of me to our community of Android enthusiasts, and I am very honored to be part of this ship. Hopefully we can all enjoy sharing our knowledge and opinions!

• BiGMERF

• Galen20K

• Tim

Droid HD for me!

• BEN ROETHLISBERGER

IPHONE 5 FOR ME —-AND MY FAMILY!

• snowbdr89

Maybe u can take pics of forcing yourself on chicks with your ifailure

• Hacknet07

lmao

• Nate B.

Off topic some: I have a feeling it’ll be later then Oct. It could be but if we don’t see heavier leaks of images and other rumors/info of the Prime next month which is a month away from Oct, then I think it’ll be out in Nov-Dec. That’s about the same timing of the first Nexus and Nexus S. Then again, Google’s yearly new UI and other things are revealed around Oct so yea, it could be Oct. Not to much longer of a wait..

• http://maxtechnewz.blogspot.com max

too late im waiting for icecream sandwich if i can wait this long i can wait a little longer for the nexus device

• triangle

• Alan Paone

I’m so jealous! Here in Canada, Bell got this a really long time ago, but to do it, they had to just accept the euro version with the stupid physical home key. That damn key lost them a sale because it feels so dumb to use. I just want capacitive android buttons, and not cheesy iphone Kang buttons! I really dig the look of all three of these and wish Bell had done the right thing.

• Eludium Q36

There she is, my next supercell, front and center :-)

• Cwalden21

I’m thinkin the same thing bud!

• http://None CaribGrackle

• ddp

Believe someone analyzed one of those “Unpack” videos and determined that Sprint (maybe all) would be getting theirs on Sept. 9. Hope so, may flip my NS4G to cop for this for awhile before the Prime arrives.

• Galen20K

• RX-78-7

Looks great, but I’m more interested in Nexus Prime at this time.

• Memo

Way too late!! I will be using my Atrix until the Prime comes out.

• Paul Atreides

Nice! Glad Sprint didn’t throw their logo on it like the other two.

• Nate B.

• Alexander

So, what is the changes from each model? They all look exactly the same to me from here…

• Nate B.

• http://ArtisticAbode.com BetterWithRoot

• Clay

It depends on the specs. If it is still the 1.2 sorry I think it’s to late. Samsung should teach the carriers and if they want to change that much just bypass them. It is going to hurt sales and ultmately hurt Samsung

• kwills88

• Sean

Tmo version (Hercules) is actually more like what is known as Celox that is coming up. It is pretty simial to SGS2 but with 4.5″ screen and 4G ability.

• http://livingwithanerd.com OutstandingO

Does anyone know if the Nexus Prime will have an expandable MicroSD slot? I haven’t heard word of that in any of the specs laid out and the Nexus S didn’t have one, if I’m not mistaken.

• BiGMERF

*UPDATE*

Will be announced the 30th, delayed a day due to Irene

• p

get a life

• BiGMERF

i contributed, you took the time to spam.. who needs a life?

• GARY

Is the TMO varient HSPA+?
    If not, pass.

• Galen20K

it is, its HSPA+ 43mbps

• Galen20K

*42

• Nathan

• kwills88

Irene is such a cockblock

• dokholiday44

IM BUYING ONE!!! To bad the Nexus Prime is only going to be on Verizon.

• Leo

Says who?

• Bryce

Great phone, I got one about a month ago while stationed in Korea. I love this phone the only problem that I have found so far is when you are playing graphic intense games the back ( by the camera ) gets pretty hot. This next part is not really the phones fault, half of the programs that came with the phone are in Korean. I’m hoping that when I get back state side I can get T-mobile firmware on it, or just factory firmware ( is that even possible? ).

• http://www.thatboyjay.com Robot Human

• issac4760

• JGC

Finally, the wait is over but personally I was hoping to get the GS2 with the original button layout.

• Nate B.

When will this event start?

• Michael

• Hacknet07

3pm pacific

• tessdeltaco

ughh i JUST finally got the first galaxy s version!!!!!! SO PISSED!

1. Little to late for me.. A month ago I may have given it some thought . But it is to close to the Nexus release for me to consider it. Good looking phone though

• ditto here, I do like the GS2 tho. I love the wayy they all look even if they arent’ exactly like the original.

• TimGuest 4 years ago

Droid HD for me!

• Exactly. I love my Nexus S4G. Works beautifully. I can’t wait for the successor. I to would of got this over the Nexus S 4G then the Prime if this was out earlier.

2. maxGuest 4 years ago

3. All have the standard 4 button layout (vs. the home key), so IMO they are all better than the international version in that respect.

• Alan PaoneGuest 4 years ago

4. Eludium Q36Guest 4 years ago

There she is, my next supercell, front and center :-)

5. Looking good, I still think the “International” style looks more polished and simple, but this ones look really good too. Sucks for Verizon, but hey, they may get the big next thing soon ;-D

6. ddpGuest 4 years ago

• I remember Samsung said WAYY back they wanted to release all US versions of the GS2 on the same dayy. Maybe they’ll actually follow through.

7. Looks great, but I’m more interested in Nexus Prime at this time.

8. MemoGuest 4 years ago

Way too late!! I will be using my Atrix until the Prime comes out.

9. Paul AtreidesGuest 4 years ago

Nice! Glad Sprint didn’t throw their logo on it like the other two.

• On the front right? I hate when carriers or manufactures do that. Just put it on the back. People will still know who made it and what carrier to go to without it being on the front.

10. AlexanderGuest 4 years ago

• I think the one that may have the biggest changes internal and a little external wise is the T-Mo version. I believe the At&t and Sprint version are pretty much the same as the UK version. I hope so for the internals. We all can see it’s a slight difference on the outside. Even though I’ll get the Prime, I do wish the best for any successful phone. It would just take away.

• To me, the T-mobile looks to be more rounded, the At&T one more square, and the Sprint variant seems to be the warm porridge in the middle.

11. ClayGuest 4 years ago

12. Kinda wish the t-mo version wasn’t so round, but it’s better than nothing at all, but my hype for this phone has died out and everyone knows how excited I was for this phone..I guess if the release date is next month I will get it…if not I’ll wait wait for prime.

13. SeanGuest 4 years ago

14. OutstandingOGuest 4 years ago

15. *UPDATE*

Will be announced the 30th, delayed a day due to Irene

16. GARYGuest 4 years ago

Is the TMO varient HSPA+?
    If not, pass.

17. I think the average costumer will get it or ppl who have money either way it’s to late to get my purchase :(

18. Irene is such a cockblock

19. IM BUYING ONE!!! To bad the Nexus Prime is only going to be on Verizon.

20. BryceGuest 4 years ago

21. I’m with T-Mobile and IMO I think T-Mobile got the ugliest design. I’m crossing my fingers the Nexus Prime looks much better.

22. Ill just get this phone, (why not), the diffrence with prime is that its supose to be 1.5ghz dual core….gsII is 1.2ghz dual core there really isn’t much of a diffrence. Question though, once everyone gets their dual core device, what’s next?? What’s the purpose of quadcore?? Do we really need more than 2 processors??

23. JGCGuest 4 years ago

24. When will this event start?

25. I’m so excited for the Samsung press conference I want to find out about the T-Mobile version. I am waiting to get a new contract until I am able to get the Hercules

26. 3pm pacific

27. ughh i JUST finally got the first galaxy s version!!!!!! SO PISSED!