If you own the HTC Sensation 4G or the HTC EVO 3D, keep an eye out for a new software update for your device. T-Mobile and Sprint have started pushing out the latest Android 2.3.4 build for the two devices along with a few handset specific fixes and enhancements. T-Mobile plans to complete the OTA rollout for Android 2.3.4 for the Sensation 4G by late September, but Sprint’s support page make no mention of when all EVO 3D owners will receive the update by.
HTC Sensation 4G Android 2.3.4 Fixes and Enhancements
- Software stability
- Improved battery life
- Improvements to Trace dictionary
- Improvements to screen responsiveness
- Improvements to video playbook
- Improvements regarding device reboots
- Improvements to icon pixelation
- Improvements to Wi-Fi connection
- Improvements to screen/photo resolution
HTC EVO 3D Android 2.3.4 Fixes and Enhancements
- Making additional preloaded apps un-installable by user.
- Updates to applications: Spiderman, Watch, Qik
- Device Lockscreen stuck in “half-state”
- Ability to transfer all contacts over Bluetooth
- Birthday one day off between contacts and Facebook when synced
- Random GPS coordinates issue — stuck in Taiwan
- Lockscreen displays 3-digit temperature correctly
- Spiderman demo lockup
As far as we know, there’s no way you can force the update on your phone, but if you want to make sure you didn’t accidentally dismiss the update notification, you can check by using the steps below.
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch About phone.
- Touch HTC software updates.
- Touch Check.
Have any of you received the Android 2.3.4 OTA update on your HTC Sensation 4G or HTC EVO 3D yet? Let us know how the update process goes and if you notice any significant performance improvements on your phone. Happy updating!