Sep 28 AT 1:43 PM Edgar Cervantes 20 Comments

ASUS OTAs: Transform and roll out!

asus-eee-pad-replace-630

ASUS has been quickly becoming a favorite Android manufacturer. Not only does the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer sport the same awesome specs that most Honeycomb tablets pack nowadays, but it’s also much more affordable. Add some constant updates in a timely manner, and you got yourself some happy customers.

ASUS Transformer users (including me) were already on the latest and greatest: Android 3.2 Honeycomb. But we all got a little treat last night. Yes, another update. This time to Android 3.2.1, and it includes a few new features and improvements/fixes. It’s currently rolling out, so start checking for it if you haven’t already.

OTA Update details

• Google Update: Android 3.2.1: Security enhancement
  • New Feature: Supernote
  • IME/Translation: Added Farsi IME support; Czech IME improvement : support Qwerty & Qwertz; JP SKU fixed translation bug and Polaris office font; Added more language translation into ASUS App
  • App Updates: CN SKU 3rd party app bug fix; Polaris office & ASUS WebStorage update
  • Improvements: Browser with Adobe Flash improvement; ex: YouTube; Browser force-close improvement; Improve Wi-Fi stability; Improve Chinese handwriting prediction : recognize character from each stroke

Performance wise, the tablet does seem to run smoother. But check it out for yourself, and let us know what you think!

Props to ASUS for giving its customers such great Android support. Keep them coming, and those customers will keep you alive. We know timely updates are definitely a problem with many other manufacturers.

Have you guys gotten your update yet? How is it? Are you planning to keep purchasing ASUS Android products? Happy with the speedy updates?

Via: Droid Life

Hello, I am Edgar Cervantes. I am an avid Android fan, and keeping myself updated on the topic is part of my daily life. I will always work hard to give the best of me to our community of Android enthusiasts, and I am very honored to be part of this ship. Hopefully we can all enjoy sharing our knowledge and opinions!

• BiGMERF

xoom has been on this update for more than a week now..

• BiGMERF

as a matter of fact it was a week ago the xoom got HTK55D then last night HTK75D was pushed

• ben dover

yeah, moto is really on top of things with the xoom! still no 4g! :-P

Google releases the code for the xoom first. then everyone else. Asus has been the first to update their tablet everytime once the code is available for OEMs.

• http://keridel.blogspot.com keridel

in non us countries asus are miles ahead of motocrap.

the xoom here is still on 3.1!

shocking.

• Peter

American Xooms maybe, the rest of the world aint so lucky.

• domi

I sold mine after 1 day.. too heavy.. not blaming Asus but the formfactor.. 10 inch is too big for being portable..
    Can’t wait till Apple comes out with a 7 inch and be the joke of the internet after claiming Samsung was clueless with their 7 inch.

• randyrkelly

• Mario

One the reasons i choose the Asus coz of the updates and the pad looks awesome too.
    Well done Asus..

• uknowme

• Matt

Love the Transformer. Although I don’t plan on buying another tablet, if Asus came out with a phone they would have my money for future purchases.

• Slith

Ugh, now I am a fanboy. At least it’s not the other A word.

• Interpol91

• Javon27

So, I did the update, and a moment ago, I noticed the homescreen wouldn’t rotate back to landscape. And mind you, the tablet was docked, and the apps and such would autorotate. I even checked the settings to make sure autorotate was still on. I decided to go ahead and restart it since there might be other kinks needing a restart. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this as well.

• http://keridel.blogspot.com keridel

when docked the screen doesnt rotate.

• Don DeLucia

I have been absolutely pleased with my Transformer. I purchased the buyback plan from Best Buy and used it to turn in my Xoom for the Transformer with the keyboard dock . I plan on using it again to purchase the Transformer 2. ASUS makes great products and backs them up.

• Winger

Not 100%, but fairly sure that as a result of installing the update today, the tablet battery will not charge unless it is docked.

• Steven M

I couldn’t be happier with my Transformer. I’ve been using their motherboards in my gaming rigs for years and they’ve always been excellent, as well. They’re one of my favorite manufacturers of electronics, plus they’ve had great customer service any time I needed it. I’ll definitely stick with them in the future.

• Futureboy

• harle183

Have a Transformer, upgraded to 3.1 right out of the box. Then 3.2, I am definitly a proud ASUS fanboy! Can’t wait for the ICS update!

1. xoom has been on this update for more than a week now..

2. domiGuest 4 years ago

3. I love my tablet and keyboard. Asus is one.hell of a comment and they alwasy push out the latest updates ASAP! I just can’t wait till the Transformers 2 drops.

4. MarioGuest 4 years ago

Well done Asus..

5. This frustrates me. I want one, but I’m torn. Pick one up or wait for the sequel?

6. MattGuest 4 years ago

7. I love Asus. From the Republic of Gamers laptop I am typing this on to the dozens of motherboards I have purchased over the years. It is one of the few companies that I have had no support related problems with. I will be preordering the Transformer 2.

Ugh, now I am a fanboy. At least it’s not the other A word.

8. I just might buy their Kal-El tablet when it’s released. I love speedy updates and with Samsung that isn’t what I get. Can’t wait to see it!!

9. Javon27Guest 4 years ago

10. Don DeLuciaGuest 4 years ago

11. WingerGuest 4 years ago

12. Steven MGuest 4 years ago

13. I was on the fence about which tablet to get, but the solid support through frequent updates by ASUS has sealed the deal. I’ll be getting a Transformer.

14. harle183Guest 3 years ago