Sep 16 AT 11:53 AM Nick Gray 19 Comments

HTC Vigor to launch as DROID Incredible HD on October 13?

htc_droid_incredible_hd

As we count down the hours until HTC’s press event next week, it’s only natural to see more leaks regarding the HTC Vigor–”the World’s first HD smartphone.” The latest leaked document shows the HTC Vigor’s specs and reveals that the phone will launch as the HTC DROID Incredible HD. The HTC DROID Incredible HD name surfaced last December and was originally associated with the HTC Mecha, which eventually launched as the Thunderbolt.

Along with the name change, the document reveals that the HTC DROID Incredible HD will be available in all channels on October 13 and will ship with a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre studio earbuds, a 32 GB class 10 microSD card and a 1630 mAh battery.

While most of these new details seem plausible based on rumors about other HTC phones, the validity of the leaked document is still questionable. There are a few contradictions within the document, but it’s not like we haven’t seen that from official spec sheets in the past. Either way, we’re expecting to learn more about the HTC DROID Incredible HD next week, and we’re certainly looking forward to its mid-October release.

Source: DROID-Life

• Dragonithe

That will probably go for 399.99 on contract

• Dragonithe

And why does the document list it as having a 4.3″ WVGA (800*480) screen and in the next bullet point it has a HD resolution of 1280*720….

• Louis

Why is this phone not getting much love like the SGSII which is clearly better than the SGSII with specs?

• Nate B.

Slightly faster processor. 1.2 to 1.5 is not a big differ. Both have the same front and back camera pixel wise. In the leaked doc it says it’ll have a WVGA. Same as SGSII. Better hope that’s wrong. Another Sense phone. I’m sire it’ll be version 3.5 but how much of a difference will that be to the one that was on the Sensation and Evo 3D. It doesn’t sound dramatically better then the SGSII to me. Don’t get caught up on the next spec phone. I might as well say the phone that comes out a month later is better then this one being leaked now. Get hype off next Gen and not slightly better but all in the same class.

• Richard Yarrell

I agree 100% with you on this and ha e posted this similarly days ago. The key here this device must have 1GB of RAM not 768 would be great if it had 1800 mil amp hr battery..

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• AceoStar

• http://edroid247.blogspot.com Ethan Hartman

I hope it doesn’t go for $399.99 on contract, but I would still spring for it. This or the upcoming Droid Prime will be the two best android devices to be released by the end of the year for verizon. The headphones are a nice added bonus but if they increase the price because of them it is a crappy marketing ploy.

• http://www.jeffkibuule.com Jeff

Probably $299 on contract due to the 32GB of storage space.

• http://www.jeffkibuule.com Jeff

What specs are you comparing? You can’t safely compare CPUs that aren’t from the same design spec (1Ghz Exynos != 1Ghz Snapdragon) and the SGSII GPU has already been shown to be the way smartphone GPU on the market by Anandtech. The screen is the only thing for debate here, but we haven’t seen any screenshots yet.

Also, since Verizon isn’t getting a vanilla version of the SGSII, there’s less reason to compare upcoming Android Verizon phones against it. As for the Nexus Prime, that’s vapor ware until we see some hard leaks detailing specs. Right now, it can be anything you want it to be and it’s be just as credible as most other rumors out there.

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• noriega713

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

AT&T and T-Mobile will get the Holiday and the Amaze 4G. The main difference between those phones and the DROID Incredible HD will be the screen resolution.

• Tavon Mitchell

And the Holiday will only have a 1.2 GHz processor not 1.5 like the others.

• snowbdr89

Nexus prime is a big red device only. : )

• CTown

• Jay

They forgot to mention the included 2 hours of battery life with that screen size + resolution combo and mostly thanks to that super awesome battery killer Verizon LTE! That 1630mah battery just screams disaster.

• Richard Yarrell

For verizon this is a great device no question..I hope people on big red line up to purchase this device it will be the best device definately…Then after that the Droid Bionic these will be the top two devices on verizon

• Harold

This is looking more and more like my next device, with my update being mid December. I just learned the Nexus Prime has no microSD, which is a deal killer for me. On the other hand, this unit has 48gigs including the card, and I use my Incredible as a media player more than I do my ipod now, so the headphones/beats feature is a definite attraction.

Finally, I really like the Sense approach to Android, and have run Sense 2.1 and 3.0 ROM’s on my Incredible. I can only imagine what it will run like natively on a device that can actually handle it.

That having been said, the name stinks. Rezound? Whuzzat? Can’t I go from “Incredible” to “Freakin’ Amazing?”

1. That will probably go for 399.99 on contract

2. LouisGuest 4 years ago

• Nate B.Guest 4 years ago

• Richard YarrellGuest 4 years ago

• The WVGA is obviously a typo. We’ve seen spec sheet mistakes quite a bit since most people writing them have no idea what half the acronyms stand for. Besides the Nexus Prime, the DROID Incredible HD should be the highest spec’d phone between now and the end of the year. Samsun’g Galaxy S II line is going to be very popular, but I’m pretty sure that the Incredible HD will outperform it on most fronts.

• I tend to prefer a HTC build, but the prime being stock pushes me twords that instead

3. Ethan HartmanGuest 4 years ago

4. JeffGuest 4 years ago

• Very true. It’s nearly impossible to compare dual-core processors these days since the Exynos, Tegra 2, and Qualcomm S3 operate very differently. The Exyos and qualcomm chips perform incredibly well for battery consumption, but the Exynos takes the crown when it comes to graphics. Clocking the S3 at 1.5 GHz should give the Incredible HD a slight edge in performance, but it will be very hard for anyone to notice the difference in the real world.

5. I sure hope this device gets all the attention it deserves… Why wont other carriers obtain phones like this?…

6. snowbdr89Guest 4 years ago

Nexus prime is a big red device only. : )

7. Is there a reason why HTC and Google have not named any phones the Desire 2, Incredible 2 or Nexus 2? Hopefully, HTC does something great for those names!!!

8. JayGuest 4 years ago