Yes, this post will give you a feeling of deja vu. On Friday, we reported that the first Tegra 3 Android tablet, the ASUS Transformer Prime, had gone up for preorder on Amazon. Within minutes after posting that article, it appears the folks at Amazon realized they jumped the gun on pushing the page live, and quickly took down the preorder page.
We knew it was only a matter of time before the page was pushed live again, and the page has gone back up for a little pre-Black Friday action. All four varieties of the ASUS Transformer Prime are now up for pre-order on Amazon’s site, starting at the $492.20 price we told you about on Friday (for the 32GB models).
The Transformer Prime features:
- Quad-Core Tegra 3 Processor
- Additional 5th core (which we’ve lovingly called “Ninjacore”) to reduce power consumption when 2 or 4 cores are not needed
- 10.1″ IPS+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass and 178 degree viewing angle
- 1 GB RAM (LP DDR2)
- 8 megapixel auto-focus rear camera with 1080P video capture and large F2.4 aperature
- 1.2 megapixel front-facing camera for video conferencing
- 12 hours of battery life, up to 18 hours when paired with the keyboard dock
- 2 color schemes: Amethyst Gray and Champagne Gold
- 2 storage options: 32GB and 64GB ($499 and $599 price points) with expandable storage via microSD
- 8.3 millimeters thick, weighs in at 1.29 lbs.
The Transformer Prime will be the most beastly spec’ed Android tablet of 2011 when it launches in a few short weeks, making it the must-have tablet for the hardcore Android user. What are you waiting for? Head over to Amazon and put in a pre-order on this bad boy.