Update: And just like that the page has been taken down. Nevertheless, we feel Amazon is prepping to start taking pre-orders for the Transformer Prime, and those should start any day now. We will, of course, bring you the goods as soon as they come back up. Stay tuned!
We’ve just received a tip that the hottest Android tablet of 2011, the ASUS Transformer Prime, was made available for preorder on Amazon. As per Amazon’s modus operandi, they are offering a slight discount on the Transformer Prime. Preordering through Amazon will get you the 32GB version of the tablet for $492.20, a 2% discount (more if you consider they don’t charge sales tax in several states).
In case you’ve forgotten the Prime’s specs by now, they are as follows:
- Quad-Core Tegra 3 Processor
- Additional 5th core (which we’ve lovingly called “Ninjacore”) to reduce power consumption when 2 or 4 cores are not needed
- 10.1″ IPS+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass and 178 degree viewing angle
- 1 GB RAM (LP DDR2)
- 8 megapixel auto-focus rear camera with 1080P video capture and large F2.4 aperature
- 1.2 megapixel front-facing camera for video conferencing
- 12 hours of battery life, up to 18 hours when paired with the keyboard dock
- 2 color schemes: Amethyst Gray and Champagne Gold
- 2 storage options: 32GB and 64GB ($499 and $599 price points) with expandable storage via microSD
- 8.3 millimeters thick, weighs in at 1.29 lbs.
The first Tegra 3 quad-core Android tablet is near the top of our Holiday Wish List here at Android and Me, and we think it should be on yours as well. Amazon’s site doesn’t list an estimated arrival date, though we know the Prime is arriving sometime in early December.
Who out there is planning on picking up one of these bad boys? Will you be preordering it today?