Nov 21 AT 10:40 AM Anthony Domanico 27 Comments

Galaxy Nexus coming to Canada December 8th

galaxy-nexus-half

Late last week, we learned that the Android 4.0 flagship device, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, would possibly launch in the U.S. on December 8th. That date got a bit more plausible this morning, as Canadian carriers Bell Mobility and Virgin Mobile announced that they will launch the device on the 8th.

Both Canadian carriers will be launching the device for CAD$160 with the traditional three year contract. Canadian users can start preordering the device starting today by either going to Bell Mobility or Virgin Mobile’s preorder sites.

This move all but confirms that we will see North America launch the device on December 8th, though we still don’t have preorder or release date information from Verizon. Hopefully Verizon will get their act together and let their customers preorder the Galaxy Nexus before they find themselves in a Tryptophan-induced coma.

We will, of course, bring you all the Galaxy Nexus news that’s fit to print as soon as we learn more.

Via: The Verge

Source: mobilesyrup

Anthony loves all things technology, from hardware to apps and games. You can connect with him via Google+ or Twitter by clicking one of the fancy doo-dads above.

• http://droidsamurai.blogspot.com DroidSamurai

So, the Verizon’s exclusivity only means to be exclusively “late”.

• Nate B.

• Ironzey

Is years like money in Canada? Three years…that is a LONG time.

• Dev1359

fuck this shit

• @BiGMER F

• @BiGMER F

• criminal android

get a life idiot! are you black or homosexual????

• http://chrisparov.blogspot.com Chris

Verizon’s CDMA network uses the 900 MHz band, and I agree this appears to be a hardware issue and not a software issue. Haven’t heard of the problem on any of the ICS roms, including the Nexus S.

• dcdttu

Verizon doesn’t use 900 for their CDMA. They use 1900 and 850. Their LTE network runs on 700mhz. Also, 2G GSM causes much more interference than CDMA anyway. But still, this massive of a hardware issue on a phone is unreal.

• Black Kristos

• http://www.anthonydomanico.com Anthony Domanico

• rsavaiano

• dcdttu

Can you imagine if the phone was announced when it was originally supposed to be announced? They wait would be measured in quarters rather than months.

• pjamies

• John

Telus is selling the Nexus as is Rogers. They’re selling it in January. Bell has first crack at the phone.

• Richard Yarrell

• @BiGMER F

• squiddy20

1. “Bottom Line this has been a total disaster one problem after the other” And what “disasters” are you referring to Dick? The phone was released only a few days ago on another continent (Europe) and so far the only real “disaster” has been the volume/muting bug. No Flash is a result of Adobe’s lack of support (for now) of ICS. And if you’re referring to the long wait as a “disaster”, remember that you’re the fool who took the RUMORS as complete truths/official release statements by Verizon. You have only yourself to blame in that department.
      2. “Imagine NO FLASH” So what if you don’t have Flash? Flash is mostly used for ads all over the Internet and things things like Pandora Internet Radio, which has it’s own app. Unless you’re a child looking to go to http://www.addictinggames.com or something stupid like that, There’s no real need for Flash.
      3. “Google better clean this crap up within the next 30days” ..Or what? What are you gonna do, “storm the castle”, ditch the Galaxy Nexus, complain a whole bunch to Gooogle, or some stupid crap like that? I highly doubt Google cares about tiny insignificant you in the scope of the entire world (since they do provide services to pretty much everyone, everywhere). Seriously, you make a threat, since that is what it is, you better be prepared to back it up Dick. What a joke. Keep me laughing funny kid.

• Richard Yarrell

Leave it to you to actual think your opinion is what the world thinks honestly your an ASSHOLE. Flash is the platform HTML5 hasn’t Made it fully at all every site use’s flash why don’t you show us the sites that don’t your nothing more than a useless BLOW HART talking from some USELESS SOAP BOX. All over the web and xda developers site people who have the device are going through issues it is what it is. When flash gets becomes part of ICS then talk till then SHUT THE FUCK UP your the biggest clown on this site. Take your USELESS OPINION and get lost

• squiddy20

1. You REALLY need to learn the difference between facts and opinions. What I stated above and what I am stating here are completely factual. Opinions are “I think…”, “I feel…”, “I believe…”, etc. Nowhere above or here will you find those keywords or any variations you can think of.
          2. “every site use’s flash” Wrong again Dick. Just now, I have gone to this website, Phandroid, Android Police, Android Central, Apple’s homepage, and many other websites on my lowly Samsung Moment stuck on 2.2 WITHOUT Flash. The only thing missing have been the ads (which of course could be due to the adblocker I have installed). I even went to the desktop versions, not the versions that are optimized for mobile viewing, and they were perfectly viewable. Now, going to graphically heavy websites such as http://www.wechoosethemoon.org/ (or basically anything that has a loading screen) on my Moment gives me blank pages. So Dick, still think Flash is used on “every” website? Try fact checking yourself before posting such utterly wrong bullshit.
          3. What’s a “blow hart”? The fact that you can’t spell to save your life is what’s “useless”. Seriously, how do you get to be 45+ years old and not know how to spell?
          Since you’re obviously too stupid to fact/spell check yourself, I’ll throw you a bone: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=blowhard Enjoy! :)

• squiddy20

2. “every site use’s flash” Wrong again Dick. Just now, I have gone to this website, Phandroid, Android Police, Android Central, Apple’s homepage, and many other websites on my lowly Samsung Moment stuck on 2.2 WITHOUT Flash. The only thing missing have been the ads (which of course could be due to the adblocker I have installed). I even went to the desktop versions, not the versions that are optimized for mobile viewing. Now, going to graphically heavy websites (basically anything that has a loading screen) on my Moment gives me blank pages. So Dick, still think Flash is used “everywhere”? Try fact checking yourself before posting such utterly wrong bullshit.

• Dijon

What the fuck? What kind of drugs you takin assface? Your piece of shit htc sucks obama’s dick compared to my euro galaxy nexus. Flash is dead anyways. So enjoy your bloated os, horrible battery, and lack of updates you retarded, bald, bucktoothed, african! GO GOOGLE FUCK APPLE AND HTC AND VERIZON AND OBAMA AND ALLAH AND INDIANS AND AFRICANS AND EVERYTHING THAT ISNT BRITISH
      HOO HA!

• charliethesuperturtle

I stock my finger a Verizon

• Rosjer

• http://www.the-wolf.co.uk mabroid

3 years is a long time to be tied down. Poor Canadians

• Nathan

• inviolable

1. So, the Verizon’s exclusivity only means to be exclusively “late”.

2. By years end huh? Lol. So the Galaxy Nexus should be here then. Adobe is actually waiting to see for themselves if it actually launches as well as we are. Lol

3. Is years like money in Canada? Three years…that is a LONG time.

4. Dev1359Guest 4 years ago

fuck this shit

5. Huge issues are being reported over on XDA regarding the GSM model Nexus. Something to do with the 900mhz edge caausing interference and making the volume go nuts. USA Gsm users should be fine being that no carriers use this but i dont know about Canada. O2 in the UK has gone as far as to freeze sales with Phones4u posting they ay follow suit. Bad news. WTF was Samsung/Google doing instead of thouroughly testing these units. Hardware issues already is not a good sign. The word recall is even being used now too.. SMH

• by the way here is the thread if you want to read http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1353590

• criminal androidGuest 4 years ago

get a life idiot! are you black or homosexual????

• ChrisGuest 4 years ago

• dcdttuGuest 4 years ago

6. I’m still trying not to get my panties all in a bunch about this, but it really is seeming sloppy. That is a long time from announcement of the handset to market. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still sitting on my money for this release, but man, has it been frustrating!

• I think we’ve all been saying “Shut up and take my money” since Google announced this phone, which was a long ass time ago at this point.

7. I just don’t the why the phone was announced so early, if Verizon didn’t plan on releasing it until after the Droid Razr had it’s time. You would think Google would have worked with Verizon to iron out this schedule when they announced the device instead of letting the carrier do what it wants.

• dcdttuGuest 4 years ago

8. As usual, Telus is NOT on the list .. go figure the 1 carrier I would like to get this phone is no where to be seen !! I some times wonder why I went with them as my carrier … :(

• JohnGuest 4 years ago

9. Bottom Line this has been a total disaster one problem after the other. I definitely want this device no question but a smart consumer will wait till these issues iron it’s self out. Imagine NO FLASH what’s this some silly useless Iphone I won’t shell out any cash for something like this. Google better clean this crap up within the next 30days. Meanwhile it’s Htc Rezound day for me and I am happy about that…

• its already been confirmed by adobe they wil release flash for ICS.if they didnt your rezound when it gets ICS wont have flash either

• squiddy20Guest 4 years ago

• Richard YarrellGuest 4 years ago

• squiddy20Guest 4 years ago

• squiddy20Guest 4 years ago

• DijonGuest 4 years ago

HOO HA!

10. I stock my finger a Verizon

11. Allready put my pre-order in in Norway aswell, so far they have said it ships 8th dec. wich i actually start to belive now i see other countrys slate the same date :D WOHOOOO!!!

12. 3 years is a long time to be tied down. Poor Canadians

13. This is shameful! If Canada gets this before us then I’m skipping this phone (or maybe not but still this is ridiculous)

14. I just don’t get why google wouldn’t be pushing this thing as THAT phone to get for ALL carriers in the US. Yea Android id already on everything, but it’s a fact that this is their flagship, and along with ice cream sandwich maturing Android to a level previously unseen, I would think they would steer away from exclusivity. But that’s just me.