Owners of the original DROID Incredible should be pleased to hear that Verizon is again pushing out the Gingerbread update for their phones. The Gingerbread update was initially released in September but was pulled from Verizon’s servers once they realized it was causing a lot of issues for users. Rather than fixing the issues found in the 87.8MB 4.06.605.2 Gingerbread update for the DORID Incredible, HTC has created a 8.6MB 4.08.605.02 patch, which is downloaded and installed at the same time as the system update.
To check if the update is available for your HTC DROID incredible, press Menu > Settings > Software Update > Check Now. The download and install process should take a little less than ten minutes, but you can always connect to a Wi-Fi network to speed up the process. Leave us a comment below to let us know how the update process goes and what new Gingerbread feature you’re looking forward to the most.
- Download Manager App: New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing, email attachments and other apps.
- App and Power Management Details: Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications and the storage and memory being used by each.
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality: New capability to select a word via press-hold. A second press of the selected word copies the selected characters.
- MMS messages send correctly.
- Properly save audio files from MMS messages.
- Successfully play audio files from a message.
- Send Vcard through a SMS message.
- Internet connection via Bluetooth® now enabled.
- VZ Navigatorâ„¢ now operates over Wi-Fi.
- Change songs in the Music widget by tapping the forward button.
- Camera functions successfully without inserting SD card.
- City ID app fixed.