The Android Market’s 10 billionth app download has been a hot topic this week. We’ve been talking about all the apps that are on sale to celebrate and which developers are reaping the rewards, but we haven’t really had a chance to take a look at how it all happened. Like what’s the most popular type of app? When is the most popular time to download apps? And which country downloads the most apps anyway?
Google has released a rather good looking infographic that reveals the history of the Android Market. There’s a quite a bit of information in the image, but here’s some of the highlights:
- The most popular time to download apps is 9PM, on Sunday. Monday at 4AM is the least popular.
- Apps are downloaded from 190 countries.
- South Korea has the most downloads per capita. The US is number four.
- The most downloaded type of app is games, with 25%. Entertainment is second at 12%.
And as for some individual app highlights:
- 100 million words are translated every week in Google Translate.
- 12 billion miles have been navigated in Google Maps.
- 20,000,000,000 keystrokes have been saved by using SwiftKey.
- 4054 years have been spent playing with Talking Tom.
As you can see, these numbers are impressive to say the least. And the best part is, this is only the beginning. What’s your favorite bit of info shared?