This week Gameloft converted another one of their classic titles into a freemium game. Brother in Arms 2 Free+ is the latest game that Gameloft allows you to download for free and then use in-app purchases to unlock special items and speed up the game’s progress. Other recent freemium games include GT Racing Motor Academy, Let’s Golf 3 and Uno.
In Brother in Arms 2, players can earn dog tags and XP as they play that can be used to unlock tons of extra features and gear to customize their soldier, or purchase Medals to unlock them faster. As Gameloft says, “It’s up to you!”
Some of us are sick of the whole freemium craze and wish game developers would allow us to just purchase the title once, but all the Top Grossing Apps in the Android Market are still following the freemium model so don’t expect it to go away anytime soon.
Highlights of Brother in Arms 2 include:
- Experience every front of the war with 50 missions to unlock across 5 locations: Pacific, Normandy, North Africa, Germany, Sicily
- Challenge up to 5 friends on five multiplayer maps
- Pilot 3 vehicles including the tank, off-road vehicle or glider, or gun down enemies from the vehicle or tank turret
- A wide range of realistic weapons: machine guns, bazookas, sniper rifles, flamethrowers and more
- Compelling cinematic moments with more interaction between you and your squad members
- Stunning graphics and authentic settings inspired by real life battlefields from WWII
I played through the original Brother in Arms 2 last year when it was released and found it was an enjoyable game. If you were a fan of Modern Combat 2 or first person shooters, then definitely download this game and give it a try.
Next up on the freemium train? Fishing Kings.