While many of our readers have been worried about Facebook sharing too much information, others see that as a great feature. One of the latest ways of sharing your life with your family and friends is a feature called Facebook Timeline. It took a bit of time, but Facebook has just announced that Timeline is available for Android as well as on their mobile site.
Facebook Timeline allows you to share your life with others, in a historical, sequential timeline. It collects all of your information since you opened your Facebook account and organizes it by year, showing all of your life quests in an organized way. After signing up for this feature, you can go ahead and edit the timeline as you please, including adding things from before there ever was a Facebook. You can take off posts, add posts, select which groups can see them and change the way things look around your Timeline.
This is all now available from your Android device, and can be accessed via the recently updated Facebook app. Simply update to version 1.8.1, and you will be able to access your Timeline with no problem (if you have signed up for it already).
Here are the other updates that come with version 1.8.1:
- Navigate anywhere, fast: Get to your groups, apps, pages, and settings with a single press
- Search and you will discover: Look through friends, subscribers, apps, and pages
- See your friends tags on pictures and zoom: New photo viewing experience
- Faster notifications: Get alerted in real time with new push notifications
- Games & Apps: Play games and access your favorite apps on the go
- Access to mobile timeline (If you already have a timeline)
- Access to friend lists and subscriptions
Go download the new version of Facebook to enjoy the new timeline feature. What do you guys think? Is Timeline a cool feature, or would you rather keep the course of your life away from the online community?