Feb 13 AT 4:14 PM Dustin Earley 57 Comments

Quadrant Standard benchmarking app updated with multiple core and Android 4.0 support

android-chart-up-300

Many a benchmarking app has come and gone on Android, but there is one that has truly stood the test of time, Quadrant Standard. It’s been around since April of 2010, and with today’s update finally bringing multiple core and Android 4.0 support to the app, it doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere any time soon.

Quadrant Standard Edition has long been the standard in apps used to quickly benchmark Android phones. Many argue the validity of Quadrant benchmark scores, and how those scores translate into real-world use, but nonetheless, it’s the go to app for seeing what device can pull in the highest number.

The latest updated to Quadrant Standard not only features GUI improvements, polish translation and a bug fix dealing with low framerates on PowerVR SGX 540, it brings two long awaited features to the app: multiple core and Android 4.0 compatibility. Before today, Quadrant wasn’t optimized to give accurate readings on devices with multiple cores like anything from the Motorola Atrix on up to the Galaxy Nexus. Quadrant 2.0 fixes that.

Due to the changes made from Quadrant 1.x to 2.0, the way devices are scored has changed. So the score browser is a slightly limited for the time being, but that will be addressed in the next update.

To download Quadrant Standard, simply use our handy download widget below. Once you’re done doing that, you can report your score along with the device used, and any custom ROMs or kernels in the comments. We’d love to see what everyone’s scores are.

Source: Android Police

Dustin Earley: Tech enthusiast; avid gamer; all around jolly guy.

• jd092

Transformer Prime, completely stock ICS
    Power Saver: 2180
    Balanced: 4096
    Normal: 4437

• spazby

great numbers, i want Prime

• jefski

Running tmob galaxy note 2 stock, 6227 performance 1.6 quad processor

• swazedahustla

Rooted and Supercharged Evo 3d 3166

And now this means what again??

• jd092

• BiGMERF

On my prime
    Power saver 3100
    balanced 3900
    performance 4400

Galaxy nexus 1900

• ranwanimator

My prime running .13 firmware after a fresh reboot
      Performance: 4452
      Balanced: 4195
      Power Saver: 2217

• NotRelevent

My nexus (stock, maybe rooted, with Android 4.0.4) just got over 2300.

• http://www.infotainmentempire.com pekosROB

HP Touchpad running Cyanogenmod 9 Alpha 0.6 at 1.7ghz performance – 3256

• iam3dski@gmail.com

Galaxy Nexus 1979

• Matt

3064 stock SGS2

• http://whysoangrybirds.com mikeyDroid

It seems to effect it quite a bit as my GNex has been on for 7.5 days, and only scored a 1784. Considerably lower than the “Average GNex” listed on the results page.

After running the test again, it scored 1940. (still no reboot)

• George C

After a re-boot the benchmark score jumped to a 2339.

These numbers mean nothing to me…I’ve never had noticeable slow-downs during normal use.

• Rovex

Interesting and about time. Still think the numbers mean little but for reference my SGS2 (the Exynos i9100) with CheckROM v4 and Siyah Kernel : 4539

• Alec Waddelow

Stock android 2.3 Motorola Atrix-2014 (average score after three runs)

• honourbound68

• itguy426

• imsexyeric

4039 with Motorola Atrix 4G – CM7 and 1.45 Ghz kernel

• Mrwirez

2689
    VZW GalaxyNexus-Gummy rom 0.7.6 – imo’s lean kernel/interactive…

• mrwirez

then i “killed” some apps and got 1470
    last time i used the forced HW accelerate for 2D and got 2200
    still buggy or.. ?

• Viper43

EVO 3D Stock: 2559

• http://alxrock.deviantart.com alxrock

To contribute to the low end of the spectrum:
    Sprint htc Evo 4G (Stock 2.3.5) — 921

• Matthew Reynolds

My Stock evo 3d 2878
    Wife’s Stock evo 4g 981

• Galen20K

• lynnette

It does mean something, it means their Rooms are Smoking fast! If you have the capabilities and know how why not use a custom Rom? I don’t see why its not fair? But I am also using a custom Rom.

• Luis Lopez

3348 galaxy note GT-N7000 1400 mhz stock 2.3.6 gingerbread

• txbluesman

Nexus S 4g stock 1249

• Chris Kwok

Galaxy S2 Stock 2.3.4 – 3378

• Deeds

My sensation with CM7 is getting 2500+

• Kevinthebox

2762 on my Mytouch 4g 1.8 Ghz Performance setting on my own custom kernel. Adreno 205 is getting a bit long in the tooth lol.

• geeknik

Doesn’t mean a thing, but my Verizon Galaxy Nexus, stock Android 4.0.4 = 2055

CPU 4843
    Mem 1603
    I/O 887
    2D 990
    3D 1950

• CactusCat

Gee, I’m one of only 3 people on earth that have a working LG G2x and this thing scored 1973 on the new Quadrant. Almost as fast as a GNex. I’m still amazed at how good my pure stock G2x runs and works. Not too shabby at all…

• islander

GSM Galaxy Nexus 4.0.2 : 2272 Qaudrant

• staryoshi

• Rovex

Still seems odd to me that a Tegra 3 Transformer Prime is getting matched by an SGS2 with a mild overclock. Is the T3 still suffering from the T2s poor CPU performance?

Id like to see the breakdown for a Prime to see what score each part of the benchmark gets. The SGS2 has very fast RAM scores and seems frame rated capped in the GPU tests.

• http://www.ndroidgamers.com B2L

• http://www.ndroidgamers.com B2L

• http://www.infotainmentempire.com pekosROB

• rovex

Its because its processor is rubbish. Broken CPU, and slow old GPU. Exynos destroys it.

• JackSparrow

Plus the Nexus is pushing almost twice the number of pixels on a bigger screen as compared to the GS2 on an older architecture.

• http://www.ndroidgamers.com B2L

2d: 108
    3d: 1968

• JackSparrow

AT&T GS2 w/ icscrewd rom OCed to 1600mhz. Here are 3 runs at performance: 3723
    3804
    3715
    One thing I did notice that was a little weird was that my cpu score was consistently lower than the galaxy nexus.

• jon

Weird, i have a Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 with official ICS rom and quadrant reports only 1 core. However, it’s not all bad news – I score 4218 with this benchmark. So it seems Samsung have done a good job with ICS (4.0.3)!

• lynnette

3578 is my number, running android 4.0.3 and virtuous Inquisition 4.0.2 HTC Sensation.

• RyanD

Motorola RAZR M, stock ROM and not rooted = 5700. I’ve been running the benchmark about once a week since I got this phone and started out at 4800. The jelly bean update pushed it up to 5700.

• woodcat

HTC EVO LTE w/meanrom installed gotta 6454.. yeah good Q….. This means what?

1. Transformer Prime, completely stock ICS
    Power Saver: 2180
    Balanced: 4096
    Normal: 4437

2. swazedahustlaGuest 3 years ago

Rooted and Supercharged Evo 3d 3166

And now this means what again??

• Quadrant was just revised to allow it to properly test multicore cpu’s and ICS devices. Before it only tested one core.

3. On my prime
    Power saver 3100
    balanced 3900
    performance 4400

Galaxy nexus 1900

• My prime running .13 firmware after a fresh reboot
      Performance: 4452
      Balanced: 4195
      Power Saver: 2217

• NotReleventGuest 3 years ago

My nexus (stock, maybe rooted, with Android 4.0.4) just got over 2300.

• For my prime:

power saving: 2112
      balanced: 3999
      performance: 4354

4. T-Mo SGS2 Jugernaut 4.1 at 1.67ghz – 3652

5. intoxik8Guest 3 years ago

HP Touchpad running Cyanogenmod 9 Alpha 0.6 at 1.7ghz performance – 3256

6. Galaxy Nexus 1979

7. MattGuest 3 years ago

3064 stock SGS2

8. I wonder the difference between a fresh reboot vs on for a while with these devices.

After running the test again, it scored 1940. (still no reboot)

• I ran a first benchmark during normal use. This is on a GSM Galaxy Nexus with stock 4.0.2, and normal use meaning after it had been on for probably 7-12 days. It scored a 2011, just below the Samsung Galaxy Nexus on the graph.

After a re-boot the benchmark score jumped to a 2339.

9. RovexGuest 3 years ago

10. Stock android 2.3 Motorola Atrix-2014 (average score after three runs)

11. bleh. I used to care about benchmark scores (epic 4g vs evo etc etc) but I pretty much don’t care now. I’m happy with the GNex regardless of score. Pure Google, regular updates, no carrier ui’s or excuses FTW!

12. Galaxy Nexus on stock 4.0.4 scored 2026. I remember when that was a a really nice score and made a person proud. I do agree that numbers don’t mean anything as this is the best phone I have had so far. I have tried the moto razor and the htc rezound they were nice just not as nice and smooth.

13. imsexyericGuest 3 years ago

4039 with Motorola Atrix 4G – CM7 and 1.45 Ghz kernel

14. MrwirezGuest 3 years ago

2689
    VZW GalaxyNexus-Gummy rom 0.7.6 – imo’s lean kernel/interactive…

• My 2689 score was under-clocked @920MHz and under-voltage to 875 for better battery life

3021 score 1200MHz and Default voltages

18. Viper43Guest 3 years ago

EVO 3D Stock: 2559

19. To contribute to the low end of the spectrum:
    Sprint htc Evo 4G (Stock 2.3.5) — 921

20. My Stock evo 3d 2878
    Wife’s Stock evo 4g 981

21. I don’t think people should post on this if their phone isn’t running stock out of the box condition. No Over clocking and no installed flashed roms that didn’t originally come with the phone. Because if not, their scores are misleading and mean nothing.

• lynnetteGuest 3 years ago

Mem 1603
    I/O 887
    2D 990
    3D 1950

28. CactusCatGuest 3 years ago

29. GSM Galaxy Nexus 4.0.2 : 2272 Qaudrant

30. I still pull about 3600 on my stock Epic 4G Touch (2.3.6). The update did not have an effect on my score.

31. RovexGuest 3 years ago

32. I’m surprised the Note has been doing so well, on average I’m scoring 100-200 less than Transformer Prime users. After a few runs I scored 3908, 3655, and 4100 on a stock Galaxy Note. (2.3.6)

• Just did another quick test to see the breakdown. Scored a 3839 overall, CPU: 5528, Mem: 4538, I/O:6529, 2D:542, 3D:2059.

33. Is it just me or are Galaxy Nexus scores hovering around 2000? What’s up with the other phones having higher scores? I figured it’d be somewhere near the top but it seems like it’s not.

• rovexGuest 3 years ago

• JackSparrowGuest 3 years ago

• You can tell that doesn’t matter, when the Galaxy Note is nearly doubling the Galaxy Nexus score, and it even has a higher resolution. (1280×800)

34. reofheroiGuest 3 years ago

3804
    3715

37. jonGuest 3 years ago

38. lynnetteGuest 3 years ago

39. RyanDGuest 2 years ago

40. woodcatGuest 2 years ago

HTC EVO LTE w/meanrom installed gotta 6454.. yeah good Q….. This means what?