With the wave of upcoming Tegra 3 devices about to be announced later this month, we felt it was a good time to preview a couple of upcoming games for Tegra Zone. NVIDIA’s showcase app has racked up a couple million installs since it launched last year and it now boasts close to 40 games optimized for Tegra devices.
Now that more devices are coming to market, we are starting to see more quality releases (like Grand Theft Auto III and Shadowgun) and more developers are signing up to bring their games to Android. Read on for our top Tegra picks.
Last week at PDXLAN 19, Dallas-based studio Gearbox Software showed off Borderlands 2 running on a Tegra 3 tablet. Some attendees at the event were disappointed because they were expecting a demo of NVIDIA’s next-gen Kepler GPU, but this is still a significant announcement for Android.
Borderlands 2 is scheduled for a summer release on Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC. We are still waiting for more details, but this could be the first time that a console-quality game sees a simultaneous release on Android. We know that Tegra 3 has a PC-class GeForce GPU, but only a couple of developers have taken full advantage of it.
Check out the Borderlands 2 site for future updates on this game.
Also announced last week was Demolition Inc. from Zeroscale. This action strategy game lets you assume the role of a demolition worker and shows off the physics processing power of Tegra devices. Demolition Inc. is currently scheduled for a March release.
Highlights of Demolition Inc. include:
- Car and building physics are fully simulated. Everything is destructible and nothing is pre-animated.
- Use the endless possibilities of combining your tools and weapons to make devastating chain reactions.
- Use your tractor beam to take control of cars, place anti-gravity ramps to maximize damage, use the huge wrecking ball to make way.
- Three cities and 15 districts are awaiting to be demolished by you and lead to their true destination!
- Compare your skills with those of your friends and the world-wide steam community.