Feb 09 AT 1:14 PM Taylor Wimberly 53 Comments

HTC says upgrades to Android 4.0 on track for next month

htc

Who will be the first manufacturer to update their handsets to Android 4.0 (excluding Nexus devices)? HTC could be first out the gate with a round of ICS upgrades that are expected to appear by the end of March. The first devices to receive these updates will be the Sensation, Sensation 4G, and Sensation XE.

HTC also shared that Android 4.0 upgrades will be coming later this year to the HTC Rezound, HTC Vivid, HTC Amaze 4G, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO Design 4G, HTC Incredible S, HTC Desire S and HTC Desire HD. Make sure you like their Facebook page to keep up with the latest news on software updates.

Did your HTC phone make the list?

Source: Facebook

• spazby

Awesome

• http://mihai.discuta-liber.com/ tmihai20

• John Robin

I’m with you Sprints’s taking its time ,but it might be worth it if its bug free

• Jeff Pan

Sensation Baby Sensation!

• BiGMERF

International sensation in March T-Mobile version late summer. Watch

• Jeff Pan

oh! No!

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• http://www.jaxidian.org/update/ jaxidian

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• jenskristian

• http://androidandme.com Taylor Wimberly

Blame Verizon on the upgrade delays.

• http://www.jaxidian.org/update/ jaxidian

So true

• eallan

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• redraider133

• Derek

I know what you’re saying. I just bought the Rezound two weeks ago. Its an awesome phone, and their flagship device right now. I cant believe they’re saying later this year. There’s already been a ICS leak, its out on XDA right now.

• Tristan

It’ll be Android 4.0 with HTC Sense UI, which I wouldn’t want anyway.

• BiGMERF

Ice cream sensewich

• http://keridel.blogspot.com keridel

My HTC sensation and desire HD both made the cut. Whoop whoop

• jack

Don’t want it. Forced to use Chrome means Google is no better than apple.

• josegb2011

You are not forced to use chrome is an app you download..

• Jozef I Del Mundo

Mytouch 4G please get updated ^_^

• Greg B

We are at the mercy of T-mobile on that one (I have myTouch 4G slide)

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• michael

They changed their tune pretty fast. I know that the Eco 3D, at least, was originally promised for the first quarter of the year. Now they’ve gone and pushed that one farther down the pipes.

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• Irving

So will this make it easier for Developers in creating a build for the Desire Z?

• Mustin

• Oskar Wismierski

Hope samsung follows..

• XLer

Uhhh dude, you missed XL! I went temporarily frantic not finding it there, but immediately calmed down after I read their note on Facebook. Heh. *pheww*

• Kevinthebox

Extremely happy that its going to the DHD. Means thy chances are high it will be ported to the Mt4g seeing how they are almost the same phones internally.

• BigCiX

• AnthonyRyan

• redraider133

And it will be the thunderbolt all over again with the Rezound…..

• brklynmind

I had GN and switched to a Rezound – frankly I could care less when I get the ICS update – it isnt very good.

• aj

No love for the Thunderbolt grrr

• honourbound68

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• Thomas MacDougall

• yankeesusa

• Shawn Clark

• Shawn Clark

Typo…isn’t* coming fast enough

• jamal adam

• Max.Steel

What about the T-Mobile G2?!?!?!?!?!

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• romy134

shocked to see the Incredible S

• Markus

I’m thankful for that. I have the Droid Incredible 2. Seeing it come to the S gives me hope…

• vid500

great. I just hope we don’t have to wait to long for the second upgrade.

• Lucian Veliman

• Hall Lo

Desire S and Desire HD? Very nice HTC! :D!

• Nathan D.

that a nice list of devices

• Josh

Hope they upgrade the Droid Incredible 2 as well, otherwise I’ll be jumping to CM9

• aranea

• I hope they won’t make us wait too much. I really really want to use ICS on my Evo 3D, it was a major feature that tipped the balance in favour of the Evo. Please update the phones as fast as you can :D

• John RobinGuest 3 years ago

• Sensation Baby Sensation!

1. International sensation in March T-Mobile version late summer. Watch

• Not according to HTC. The Sensation 4G is listed for March. I’m sure they are trying to be as thorough as possible so that they don’t have customers complaining about missed release dates.

2. Great to hear that they’re on track! I’m still disappointed that the Thunderbolt didn’t make the cut since it was the flagship product on Verizon only months ago but I’ve moved onto a GNex so my upsetness is fairly limited.

• HTC’s Facebook announcement said that there would be another update in a few weeks. Since the HTC Desire HD made the list, I’m sure the Thunderbolt will be getting the update as well since they are essentially the same device.

3. I’m surprised to see the Rezound not being the first to get the update. It’s their newest phone and was launched around the same time as the Galaxy Nexus. If I had the phone I’d be disappointed.

• Blame Verizon on the upgrade delays.

• How about we blame BOTH? Why does it always have to be one persons fault. HTC manufactured the phone and writes the software. The fact that Verizon “tests” and “verifies” it doesn’t change a damn thing.

• true, but Verizon like to test software updates for 60-90 days before rolling it out. If HTC has the update ready for the Rezound today, the soonest Verizon would push it out would be the middle of April.

• If htc would be quicker and issue updates that are not buggy it wouldn’t take verizon testing it then sending it back to be fixed. Verizon just makes sure it works which seems to be hard for htc to do with their lte phones on verizon( look how many updates made the thunderbolt worse than before the update)

• DerekGuest 3 years ago

4. TristanGuest 3 years ago

It’ll be Android 4.0 with HTC Sense UI, which I wouldn’t want anyway.

5. My HTC sensation and desire HD both made the cut. Whoop whoop

6. jackGuest 3 years ago

Don’t want it. Forced to use Chrome means Google is no better than apple.

7. Jozef I Del MundoGuest 3 years ago

Mytouch 4G please get updated ^_^

• Greg BGuest 3 years ago

We are at the mercy of T-mobile on that one (I have myTouch 4G slide)

• If we look at the trend on HTC’s update list, dual-core phones with S3 chips and single-core phones with S2 chips are all getting the update. Both the myTouch 4G and 4G Slide should get the update.

8. michaelGuest 3 years ago

• HTC’s first announcement which named specific devices (including the EVO 3D) reads “Ice Cream Sandwich is coming in early 2012 to a variety of devices “

9. IrvingGuest 3 years ago

10. Agreed on Thunderbird – my Sweetie will be left behind, but I’m anxiously awaiting the EVO 3D update!

11. Hope samsung follows..

12. XLerGuest 3 years ago

13. KevintheboxGuest 3 years ago

14. I can almost assure you that the HTC Vivid will be dead last to receive 4.0 because its on the World’s most suckiest network….at&fee!!!

15. Finally! News about ICS for T-Mobile Sensation 4G I’ve unlocked bootloader, rooted and custom from for stock ics but took it back to stock sense UI I love sense and the wait is almost over for Android 4.0 to land on HTC devices

16. And it will be the thunderbolt all over again with the Rezound…..

17. brklynmindGuest 3 years ago

18. ajGuest 3 years ago

No love for the Thunderbolt grrr

19. Hope my 7″ HTC Evo View gets some ICS loving soon too. I haven’t seen/heard anything in month since it was leaked that the Euro version of the Flyer would get ICS later on this year

• Since the Honeycomb update has been available for a little over a month, I doubt it is coming any time soon. I have the Flyer and can’t wait to get an official ICS build for it.

20. waiting for that evo 3d update, but it’ll be ice cream sandwich with htc sense, so i guess im just waiting for the opportunity to get chrome

21. I really they get more specific on the update date. Haven’t been able to root my phone and only thing today will make it worthwhile is update to ics.

22. That EVO3D ICS update is coming fast enough…probably just because i want Chrome for Android really…and stay up to date with the latest update.

23. Waiting sucks but that’s how it works at the moment. *reminds himself to be patient*

24. What about the T-Mobile G2?!?!?!?!?!

• That’s thew one I’m waiting on too. Granted, my phone is rooted and I’ve tested out a handful on Android 4.0 roms on my G2 already, but it would be nice to have a base update from HTC which developers can work off of.

25. shocked to see the Incredible S

• MarkusGuest 3 years ago

26. great. I just hope we don’t have to wait to long for the second upgrade.

27. Super! It’s the first time I see Desire S in the list. I was beginning to worry a bit.

28. Desire S and Desire HD? Very nice HTC! :D!

29. that a nice list of devices

30. JoshGuest 3 years ago

31. Of course no word our from Motorola. They already forgot about the Atrix before its 1st birthday!